Need advice/help with Commerce/Music decision - Please... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ok I need some advice regarding uni at ANU.

I want to come out with 2 degrees. Music and commerce.

I didn't apply for entry into music next year, basically because I need a year to practice up and get up to standard.

My original plan was to just work for 12 months to practice up and start uni in 2011, but I am having second thoughts and am considering starting next year.

I realise I can't study music next year, nor do I want to. I still need to practice up. But I would be interested in starting the bachelor of commerce as a single degree.

So basically what I need to know is if I completed the first year of commerce next year, and then transferred the following year into the double degree commerce/music, how much time (if at all) it would take off the 4 year double degree. I need to know whether it would be worth my while at all going next year for that first year of commerce. Because if it is going to take me the full four years, plus the first year of the single commerce degree next year, it's really quite pointless starting next year.

I have contacted ANU and spoken to someone, but the woman on the phone told me that would be something I would discuss when I start down there in February. But, thing is, I need to make a decision as to whether I even start down there next year... lol. She couldn't really tell me the information I needed, and I don't know where to go.

If anyone has any advice/information that could be of use, PLEASE post.

Thankyou..

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
My understanding is that you submit an application for credit to the relevant faculty after your transfer is approved, and they simply credit all your previous courses towards the new degree. Although I'm just a year 12 student so I don't have any experience with this. ANU - Enrolments - Student Administration Services (SAS) is the official ANU information about that.

HSC
Ok, thanks for the info.
So when I start the double degree, it would actually take some time off completing it, like, it won't be the full 4 years seeing as I would have already studied first year commerce?

Thanks for replying!

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
ANU - STUDYAT - Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Music

First year for you can be (suggestion)

Semester 1:

BUSN1001
ECON1101
STAT1008
(an elective you want to do)

Semester 2:

MKGT1001 or/and FINM1001 or/and MGMT1001 (whatever you wish to major in your commerce degree)
ECON1102
(two electives you want to do)

When you transfer to B Music/B Comm then you can credit all the 8 units to your new degree. Thus you will finish in 4 years (as per normal).

HSC
ANU - STUDYAT - Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Music

First year for you can be (suggestion)

Semester 1:

BUSN1001
ECON1101
STAT1008
(an elective you want to do)

Semester 2:

MKGT1001 or/and FINM1001 or/and MGMT1001 (whatever you wish to major in your commerce degree)
ECON1102
(two electives you want to do)

When you transfer to B Music/B Comm then you can credit all the 8 units to your new degree. Thus you will finish in 4 years (as per normal).
That's awesome. Thanks so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)