need artist for mini essays (1 Viewer)

benji_smithy93

HSC
aye guys just got an art assessment where i need to do 3 mini essays on artist who relate to my style of art...i do photography with subject matter bout depression, layering, light and dark contrasting in landscape urban setting sorta stuff...and if anyone knows any good photography artist just help me out cause i dont know the names of a lot, so cheers guys

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
aye guys just got an art assessment where i need to do 3 mini essays on artist who relate to my style of art...i do photography with subject matter bout depression, layering, light and dark contrasting in landscape urban setting sorta stuff...and if anyone knows any good photography artist just help me out cause i dont know the names of a lot, so cheers guys
first thought- Bill Henson.

benji_smithy93

HSC
yer i was going towards henson for 1 cause my art teacher said my style was like his, and tracy looks good too...i just need one more

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
yer i was going towards henson for 1 cause my art teacher said my style was like his, and tracy looks good too...i just need one more
Hmmm, if you take away the depressive element, you could definitely go for some Impressionists. They were all about how light distorts the landscape, and trying to evoke emotion through the different refractions of light etc. It might be good just to have Manet/Monet (Monet in particular, although Manet had some pretty evocative portraits) in there anyway, having two contemporary and one 'classical' artist sounds like a good combination.

benji_smithy93

HSC
Hmmm, if you take away the depressive element, you could definitely go for some Impressionists. They were all about how light distorts the landscape, and trying to evoke emotion through the different refractions of light etc. It might be good just to have Manet/Monet (Monet in particular, although Manet had some pretty evocative portraits) in there anyway, having two contemporary and one 'classical' artist sounds like a good combination.
mmm yer thats a good idea aye to compare and contrast, you wouldnt know anyother landscape photographers would you bro just to open up more options? cheers bud

philphie

Banned
HSC
how about man ray? if you're looking into landscape photography the most obvious choice to pick is Ansel Adams. how about some photojournalists?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)