Need Help and Advise on Changing Subject (1 Viewer)

aznscrew

HSC
Hi,
I'm new to this great forum, just want to start out by getting some advise and help on changing a subject and i'm quite desperate because i'm not sure if the subject i want to change to is right for me.

Okay, i chose Software Design and Development at the end of year 10. I thought the subject might be fun, but doing further research the subject consist of lots of coding which i'm not so bright in. Now i'm thinking of changing it to Information processing and tehnology since it doesn't have coding and i think it's pretty much basic knowledge about computers (correct me if i'm wrong), or i can change to chemistry and i want to know if it is hard in terms of remembering alot of 'stuff'. And i want to know what economics is like (is it easy? is there lots of things to remember? lots of essay writing?) from someone who has studdied it.

my current subjects are Eng Adv, Biology, Physics, Business Study, Maths Ext 1 and SDD. Thanks for your help

HSC
lol u have almost the same subjects as me.

if you like computers then do IPT. its got stuff on project management as well.
otherwise do chem. but really think about it if you do pick chemistry. 3 sciences?

aznscrew

HSC
Cool, you and me have same interests :D, whats wrong with 3 sciences btw?

but yeah i might as well choose info process and technology. I want to study business in university or on the financial side. What would be my future carea chosing this path? And just out of nowhere what is marketing?

aznscrew

HSC
gotta go to sleep now otherwise gona doze of in class tomorrow.

LordPc

HSC
I didnt do either computing classes but from my school, the smarter guys were in SDD and the people who were not so smart generally did IPT

but I did eco and chem. If your thinking of doing a business degree at uni, Economics would be a very good choice IMO. Economics is quite practical in the sense that by the end of the degree, you can watch the news and understand everything that is economics related. eg changes in the value of the dollar, unemployment and inflation news, interest rates, the stuff about the governments stimulus plan. you will know about all of these things if you do eco, so its a fairly good choice to compliment business studies

Chem is kind of memorising stuff. not just straight out memorising formulas and definitions, but the syllabus is really quite easy. there is just a lot to cover. So if you can memorise a lot and retain it, you should do fairly well because there isnt much they can really do that can throw you.

LeetSpeek

HSC
Yesterday i changed out of SDD into chemistry, and all i can say is that im so glad i did it. Almost the best decision ive ever made.
I quit SDD because the course was boring and chemistry seems far more interesting. I recommend u do it if your reasons are similar to mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)