need help bad pls? (1 Viewer)

itank

HSC
Hey all, im just wondering if anyone has any thesis statements on physical journeys, and symbolism of journeys.
please help, i need to have this in by next monday thanks all

itank

HSC
hmm, well what about symbolism, a mate of mine is using an hourglass, another mate is using mario brothers, but yeah, i cant think of anything that relates to my thesis

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you don't mind, could you tell us your thesis, and maybe we could help you in the right direction with a symbol? :)

itank

HSC
Well, this is my thesis i think :S

The depth that is found within such a simplistic word, journeys, is expressed on many different foundations, people start journeys with certain goals in mind, but the journey is much more than just the completion of these goals.

I was thinking a snowball rolling down a hill, it has to face obstacles, and by going down, it gains momentum.

any better ideas chaps/chapettes?

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
your thesis is too complex. it's hard to stay focussed when you want to argue a number of different things. this is what i mean...
itank said:
The depth that is found within such a simplistic word, journeys, is expressed on many different foundations
what does this mean? i dont mean to be rude but i dont understand what this is. the floury language dosent help either. its like your not saying anything here, so it will be hard to argue...

itank said:
people start journeys with certain goals in mind, but the journey is much more than just the completion of these goals.
this is better but not great. so bassically in theis talk, the journey is more important than the arrival. cliched but safeish.

id recommend that you rethink it a little. i can help but i need to know what texts [core/stimulus booklet/other related] you are using.

to write a GOOD thesis start by think about what you feel about 'the journey'. think about how its changed from day 1 yr12. studying the texts u have studied have shaped how you see journeys now and it varies between individuals, texts etc etc. your thesis should be personal. what you think/feel

im sorry to sound harsh but i think that your a little bit misguided, at least from what youve written above. my msn details are available on my profile and im happy to give you a bit of help to develop a decent thesis that your comfortable arguing if you would like. just add me

EDIT: as far of symbolism, its hard to find things that dont in someway relate to a journey. the snowball is a little cliched, as is learning, schooling. unless youve been asked for a symbol, stay well clear... floury introductions and symbolism just confuse the reader and serve basically no purpose

Last edited:

itank

HSC
aww lol, i tried so hard trying to come up with just that much :(
well yeah, i will add you on msn :D
at least its feedback :D any feedback is better than no feedback :D
thanks

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
i hope i didnt discourage you too much. its not that the ideas wernt good they just wernt expressed particuarly well and you need to be as clear and consise as possible in your thesis coz it will make writing your essay ALOT easier

i made a post a few weeks ago which might be helpful for you.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=95093

its good that you want to get this right and i think thats awesome. your ideas arent bad but i was just trying to push you to make it great.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)