Need Help for History Letter Writing Assignment (1 Viewer)

ePinkies

HSC
Okay well this is for my Ancient History letter writing, im not really good with History but i still enjoy doing it. And im not sure how to structure it out

Basically for the Letter writing assignment you choose 1 person in the Ancient Civilization whether it is myth / legend or real facts and become that person and write letters to another person at that time. I have chosen Odysseus and so far i have written 1/12 pages on 12 font. Can you please proof read this and see criticize as much as you can :)

To my beloved Penelope, Queen of Ithaca
Penelope, since this may take a while to return back home to you, I will write letters about each of my journeys that I have been through to try to come back home, so I can see your smile when you see me, hopefully by the time I come back to Ithaca, that you, Penelope Queen of Ithaca, will be still in love with I, Odysseus, The winner of Troy.

The war of Troy is now over, but my journey has only started, since the gods above are angry with me, and forced my ship to go off course and has been sent to the land near of Sicily. Where the son of Thoosa the Haliade Nymphs , and Poseidon, the god of the sea,named Polyphemus, a Cyclops that lives in a cave filled with wine and herds of sheep.

When we landed here, I decided to get me and 12 of my crewmates to search around for food and supplies for our trip back home to Ithaca. But could not find any at all, and I was scared that if we had no food supplies at all, that we would not survive the trip back to Ithaca, that I couldn’t see you again.
After we all set out to search throughout the lands one more time, we found a distinctive cave near the shores, a cave that had a huge boulder next to the opening, I crept closer to the cave, hoping there was no one currently in, and also hoping that there was food inside. Once I checked and found nobody was inside, I slowly walked in, and called my crew to come over, to see what I have found, what was in the cave was hundreds and hundreds of bottles of wine, and some sheep, We were overjoyed with the supplies we have found, but when we were about to bring everything back to the boat until we felt the ground shaking, it was like mini-earthquakes striking every second. We all stood still, hearing something outside, than a huge shadow appeared on the ground, we all hid behind the objects in the cave, after a few seconds we saw a herd of sheep coming into the cave, than a gigantic foot appeared. Walking into the cave was a giant, with only one eye in the middle of his head, It was a Cyclops, closing the boulder behind him as he walked into the cave, I was trapped with my crew in the cave.

Of course I was scared of him, but, only one thought flew into my mind, to see you again, so I foolishly asked the Cyclopes for his hospitality and let us all free with some supplies to go back to Ithaca, but that idea was stupid, the Cyclopes replied to my request by eating 2 of my crew. This happened for a few days, the Barbaric Cyclopes was eating my men 1 by 1 each day. But I had it, this Cyclops was barbaric, we had to stop him before all of us get eaten off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)