Need help interpreting syallabus point (1 Viewer)

TheFeared

HSC
Can someone help me with

Identify data sources, gather, process and present information from secondary sources to identify areas of current research and use the available evidence to discuss some of the underlying physical principles used in one application of physics related to waves, such as:
Global Positioning System
CD technology
the internet (digital process)
DVD technology

Can someone break down the question for me? I'm a bit thick and its the holidays. Thanks:)

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
The dot point is telling you to go out and research as much as you can to find out how one of those listed technologies work through the use of waves in contemporary (current, now) physics. Use all the sources within your power to do this (internet, book, journals, etc) so that if you were asked:

discuss some of the underlying physical principles used in one application of physics related to waves, such as:
CD technology
DVD technology

you would know exactly how to answer it.

TheFeared

HSC
So basically writing about how they work and how they use waves?

jellybeans111

HSC
does anyone know 6 main reasons why the westinghouse system won over the edison system?
could u please help me

randomnessss

HSC
Uni Grad
Identify data sources, gather, process and present information from secondary sources to identify areas of current research and use the available evidence to discuss some of the underlying physical principles used in one application of physics related to waves, such as:
CD technology
DVD technology

1. Choose one of the applications
2. Research how waves are involved in the use or function of the application

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)