Need help pls help for rep+ (1 Viewer)

kenshinx77

HSC
Hey guys im going to go to unsw and i want/ going to do xD B of commerce and engineering...

im thinking about majoring in chemical engineering and financial commerce...

and i have a couple of questions in mind

1. Do i have to do anything now? like, when do we have to decide what major we doing? when do we pay for our school fees?

2. What about the time table? can anyone link me?

3. Just say i major in chem and finance, can i only do 24 units of credit total? or can i do more if i want to?

4. will UNSW do anything to confirm my timetable or any of my confusion?

5. I heard the course alternate ( 1yr engin and the next comm, 3rd year is engin again)... is this true?

guys pls answer >< i promise i will rep anyone who answer this questions

thx in advance =)

HSC
N/A
you dont have to decide on a major for engineering explicitly in 1st year but since you are interested in chemical engineering then you must see the relevant courses for chemical engineering and enrol in them.

if you are going for CSP (Commonwealth Supported Place) then you will receive a statement at the end of the year about your fees.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hey guys im going to go to unsw and i want/ going to do xD B of commerce and engineering...

im thinking about majoring in chemical engineering and financial commerce...

and i have a couple of questions in mind

1. Do i have to do anything now? like, when do we have to decide what major we doing? when do we pay for our school fees?

2. What about the time table? can anyone link me?

3. Just say i major in chem and finance, can i only do 24 units of credit total? or can i do more if i want to?

4. will UNSW do anything to confirm my timetable or any of my confusion?

5. I heard the course alternate ( 1yr engin and the next comm, 3rd year is engin again)... is this true?

guys pls answer >< i promise i will rep anyone who answer this questions

thx in advance =)
I'm not a Com/Eng student, but I'll try and answer your queries to the best of my ability.

(1) For first year, the general gist is to enrol in Core subjects which you will find out from either the websites or going into "Info day" which is coming up early Jan before the date for closing of preferences come up. You usually decide your majors in second year after having a taste of first year subjects. There are two choices as to uni fees: (a) Pay up front and get a 20% discount (usually done a few weeks into uni) or you can (b) Defer payment until you get your first job, but mind you once you get a job the concept of "interest" comes in. Just like with any bank loan, they expect the return from their "investment".

(2) Timetables are created after you successfully enrol into UNSW and your relevant course. If memory serves me correctly, they have a video tutorial before you enrol and teach you how to DIY. Also use this website for a draft timetable: Rectangles but mind you, it's better if you look at all the class times and plan it yourself on Excel. Go here for class times: Class Search by Teaching Period

(3) If you're talking about doing extra majors then yes you are allowed to do so. However the trade-off is to stay at uni for a longer period of time. Usually it means staying for another year. Forgive me if I haven't answered the question to you liking as it is kind of vague.

(4) UNSW doesn't really confirm, so to speak, they just show you your timetable after you've enrolled successfully in your chosen subjects.

(5) Sorry, but I can't answer this question. I have several Com/Eng friends but I'm not entirely sure as to the set structure of the course.

Hope this helps you out, and welcome to UNSW 09'er :D

spence

HSC
I'm not a Com/Eng student, but I'll try and answer your queries to the best of my ability.

(1) For first year, the general gist is to enrol in Core subjects which you will find out from either the websites or going into "Info day" which is coming up early Jan before the date for closing of preferences come up. You usually decide your majors in second year after having a taste of first year subjects. There are two choices as to uni fees: (a) Pay up front and get a 20% discount (usually done a few weeks into uni) or you can (b) Defer payment until you get your first job, but mind you once you get a job the concept of "interest" comes in. Just like with any bank loan, they expect the return from their "investment".
HECS loans don't charge interest although it is indexed to keep in line with inflation

kenshinx77

HSC
thx a lot teh anzer +1 rep =) it does clear some confusion....

1 last question... when and how do we apply for which course/ classes we going into?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)