• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need help, URGENT maths question: (1 Viewer)

HSC
I think you forgot to use product rules or quotient rules etc. where needed. Like for the (∂/∂r)[∂ƒ/∂θ* (sin(θ)/r)] term in that second line, you should use product rule because the second function here (sin(θ)/r) is dependent on r (the sin(θ) part is a constant wrt r, but the r isn't of course, so we do need to use product rule).
Right thanks I'll get back to you on that question. Any thoughts on the other one?

HSC
Had a few more questions regarding probability, if someone can help me (please):

For the first one: very that this function f is a probability density, that is, that:
f(x) is greater than or equal to zero and

Thanks

leehuan

HSC
Pretty sure I asked Q61 already.

For the Laplace distribution just rewrite the integral as

Pretty obvious as to why f(x)>0

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Had a few more questions regarding probability, if someone can help me (please):

For the first one: very that this function f is a probability density, that is, that:
f(x) is greater than or equal to zero and

Thanks

leehuan

HSC
Oh right that's how to do it... I was like how do I integrate this because I left my answers at home but I forgot about completing the square entirely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC
Pretty sure I asked Q61 already.

For the Laplace distribution just rewrite the integral as

Pretty obvious as to why f(x)>0
Could you direct me to which thread you asked Q61 on?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Since I have exams coming up in a week :confused2: please excuse pile of questions I am hurling towards you IG :p

QUESTION (i)

(I said 'test' a lot below, I'm referring to the method for detecting illegal trades by that.)

So for these Q's, the important things are to set out some notation at the start, write out the given data carefully in terms of our notation, figure out exactly what the Q's are asking in terms of our notation, and keep in mind the Law of Total Probability and Bayes' rule (as well as Pr(Ac| B) = 1 – Pr(A | B) and our other probability rules of course).

Last edited:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Wow thanks!

Here are some more, I have no idea what to do:
For the first one, partially differentiate the homogeneity equation wrt t (that's how you get n to pop out) and then sub. in t = 1 after that. To differentiate the LHS of that wrt t,

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
That same question involving f(tx,ty) appeared in a past paper in a different form.

And I don't get the answers.

Sure ok... No idea why they changed the order of the variables of g but still ok...

What. How?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
That same question involving f(tx,ty) appeared in a past paper in a different form.

Sure ok... No idea why they changed the order of the variables of g but still ok...

What. How?

Last edited:

HSC

What. How?
Wtf?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)