Need help with the Emma part of emma/clueless transformation.... (1 Viewer)

Tegan_K

Hey, has everyone actually read Emma by Jane austen - thats doing that one. I found it terribly boring and was wondering if there were an easier way to understand and read it - or a movie perhaps? I heard the one with Gwyneth isn't that good...

Skunkylicious

i've read emma 3 times- but i like that book so that helps. the gwyneth paltrow movie is ok but it isn't exactly along the lines of the book. you could get away with just watching the movie but learning some real quotes from the book. i have notes that have character analysis, and chapter by chaper summary and analysis- no quotes though- u'd have to find them yourself! if you'd like me to send them to you i will- warning there is about 60 pages!

s2ophie

HSC
I have read it one and a half times. I suppose it doen't really matter if you find it terribly boring, you have to be able to compare it to Clueless and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. However if you haven't read it by now, you're in a bit of trouble with three weeks today till the exam. Anyway, good luck.

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
The BBC version with Kate Beckinsale is more accurate than the Gwyneth Paltrow one.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
yeah i read it once and it was hell boring.. i think if u understand it and get some relevent quotes out, then u should be fine
or read people's summaries.. that should prolly do it

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if you could find it at Video Ezy. Worth a try though. I think Mosman Library had it.

Dangar

Originally posted by kokeshi
The BBC version with Kate Beckinsale is more accurate than the Gwyneth Paltrow one.
Yeah but i found it really boring, and Mr Knightley was so ugly!! It didn't hold my attention at all...but if you can't read the book I guess it's better than nothing.

Mek

HSC
Skunkylicious said:
i've read emma 3 times- but i like that book so that helps. the gwyneth paltrow movie is ok but it isn't exactly along the lines of the book. you could get away with just watching the movie but learning some real quotes from the book. i have notes that have character analysis, and chapter by chaper summary and analysis- no quotes though- u'd have to find them yourself! if you'd like me to send them to you i will- warning there is about 60 pages!

Hi,
Could u plz send the summary and analysis stuff to t_robbins_16@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Mek

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
alteratively you can search summaries up cos thats what i did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)