Need Honest Advice (2 Viewers)

nottellingu

HSC
OH NOO! Is Euler's identity still in the 4u course. We were never taught it at school ?

HSC
N/A
It's on the Board of Studies website on the bottom of page 40 in the document http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/maths-st6-calculus-dwb.pdf (from 2007)

"Euler’s formula (e<sup>i&theta;</sup>=cos&theta;+isin&theta;) has been included in the revised Mathematics Extension 2 course as it provides a more efficient method for performing complex number operations in ‘mod/arg’ form and develops further students’ knowledge and skills in relation to exponential functions."

Last edited:

YannY

HSC
Hey man dw harder 3u is a hard topic - complex; not so hard(generally people say its hard because their school might pick ridiculous questions of it in their trials. Partially because you can do that with complex) But realistically speaking, in the hsc - Complex is not one of the hard topics.

If you do well i.e <80% in 6 of the topics, thats a band 6 already. So dont stress - you can just skim through 2 hard topics picking out the easy parts and you'll get a band 6. And if you do well in all your other subjects by getting band 6 in them others then you'll get a uai well above 97 which is your desired uai.

A method to predict your current projected mark.

% of band 6 in 4u - 28% in 2006.

If your skool is average in 4u and you come in the top 30% then you'll be able to get a band 6.

Example: My school is 10% above average in 4u maths and i came 20th in the test. Since 28% of the state average got band 6 then my school average will be an estimate of 28%x(1+0.1x2) = 35%. There are 60 people doing 4u. 20/60 is 1/3 so im ranked 33% at school and that will project a mark of a low band 6. Because its in the 35% but its near 35%.

You can do this with all your subjects when you find the stats but note this projection is not always accurate because people have the power to change i.e you can do much better by improving. But remember trends dont change, even if you do have the power to change it affects the trend little; meaning overall people dont change.

So if you projected all these marks pick one that is distant from the others and drop it (of course not including english. Although you can argue about dropping english with board of studies if you desire - i'll back you up). If however they are all similar i.e by 5 marks then dont drop anything because you might just get lucky with that subject in the next test.

Oh do remember good Test marks are based highly on luck as well as skills. So do pray before entering one.

All i've said are based on estimations not truth as i cannot forsee what the future has. Thus i am not responsible for any damage(s).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)