Need some help here~ (1 Viewer)

jeffreylah

HSC
I'am always very scared that I can't achieve a UAI I want.. Like to be honest, iam scared of 'failure' in the HSC~
I always try to work out the highest possible marks I can get, and look at University course which don't have a very high UAI, although I want to do Law at UNSW.. 94.25+
Could someone give me some advice? And my ranks aren't that good as well, can i still fix it all up in the HSC external exams?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well I have similar feelings as well and I'm aiming for a similar UAI. I tell myself that I just have to work hard, there's only about 4 months or so left, and it'll be worth the effort I put in. Ranks may be important, but it is also your school's performance as a whole that will also affect your UAI.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Don't worry, all is not lost - there is plenty of time to change your marks around. I remember when I was sitting accelerated 2 unit maths that in the last assessment I moved up more than 15 places in the rankings for 2 unit mathematics as a whole. So its quite possible to change your position at this stage if you work hard.

Also, don't worry so much about what UAI you get - you'll find that at the end of the day a UAI is irrelevant. There are so many ways of getting around it that its quite laughable, its more than possible to be a practicing barrister with a UAI of 30 only 4 years after your HSC. So don't let the UAI hype get to you, its not the only way into uni, not the most used and not the quickest, its just the most publicised.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
i agree with what kami said.

i experienced same thing with HSC Chem last year, only started working harder half way through the year even though I had a shoddy rank and in the end i shot up a fair bit and got the results i wanted.

its impossible to "fail" your UAI if you put your ass on a seat somewhere and work for it. you'll be rewarded no matter what. but DON'T try leave it to ur HSC external assessment, you still have Trials to go at least and they are usually the biggest weightings. :O

ladyknight

HSC
Yeah, absolutely- İ stuffed my trials but went well in the hsc, and İ ended up getting into the course İ wanted (up, though not as high as İ would have). İf you dont get what you want, you can just defer afterwards anyway.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
You still have another 50% in your HSC exams. So even if you get completely fucked over by trials, you can still redeem yourself. :)

Most importantly, do your best. A few more months of good effort and you'll have nothing to regret, whatever UAI you end up with.

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
and besides, just go into something else at unsw and if you pull a d average you'd have a real good chance of transfering into law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)