Need To Know (1 Viewer)

sazzie

Does Any One Have Any Other Really Good Ways Of Studying Math? Apart For Past Exam Papers?? Im Currently Doing That But I Want More... Math To Me Is An Easy Topic I Just Find When I Sit The Exam I Cant Remember Anything...... Not Literally, And It Just Brings Down My Marks... Can Anyone Help Me??? Also What Does Everyone Think About The General Math Course?? And What Text Bok Are You Working Out Of?

chamelia

HSC
My maths teacher and tutor both have given me a lot of textbooks but I foudn excel is the best for me. And i also think going through past papers leading up to exams is always the best way to make sure you know your stuff and to revise anythign your not sure on.

But, if you find the course easy and still cant remember anything in exams then its ur actual exam technique that needs help. The best way to remember things is to link topics and formulas to each other so you keep your mind organised and thoughts organised, and to try visualise the questions as you answer them. Also silly rhymes (I use Silly Old Harry Can Actaully Hang Ten On Australia= SOHCAHTOA) to exagerrate points and this will help you recall facts in the exam.
I also use a highlighter and highlight all key words in all of the second section. This usually triggers somethign in your memory and I find it helps me a lot.

Other than that, just take deep breaths and no stressing or you will have mind blanks. Hope that helps a bit.

sazzie

anti-mathmite said:
Yes The Text Books Are Written Much Easier Than The Exam Papers (For Some Unknown Reason) - That's Why Past Papers Are Very Good To Look Over.

In Exams They Test Certain Things, And If You Know That A + B + C = D, Then They Will Ask Something Like A + B + ? = D - To Try To Determine Whether You Know How To Work Something Out Or Not, And To What Extent You Know Different Things.

(PS: You should only put capital letters at the beginning of a sentence or on a noun; it gives people headaches otherwise).
hey thanks that was helpful have no idea RE: capital letters just happened so sorry guys..
your all so helpful and i shall talk into acount your advice good luck

sazzie

chamelia said:
My maths teacher and tutor both have given me a lot of textbooks but I foudn excel is the best for me. And i also think going through past papers leading up to exams is always the best way to make sure you know your stuff and to revise anythign your not sure on.

But, if you find the course easy and still cant remember anything in exams then its ur actual exam technique that needs help. The best way to remember things is to link topics and formulas to each other so you keep your mind organised and thoughts organised, and to try visualise the questions as you answer them. Also silly rhymes (I use Silly Old Harry Can Actaully Hang Ten On Australia= SOHCAHTOA) to exagerrate points and this will help you recall facts in the exam.
I also use a highlighter and highlight all key words in all of the second section. This usually triggers somethign in your memory and I find it helps me a lot.

Other than that, just take deep breaths and no stressing or you will have mind blanks. Hope that helps a bit.
hey hey thanks for the help very useful... so you think excel is the way to go?
very helpful all the best..

PC

HSC
N/A
Why do song titles have capital letters at the start of every word, except for common words like "and" or "to"?

If I look at a random CD from my collection: Ruffled Feathers, Somewhere in the West, But She ... see what I mean?

Hmmm ... Interesting!

j_mobey2005

HSC
Have you tried Flash Cards or Cram Tests?
Also you might like to try a wide range of practice questions, not just from past exam papers, but also from chapter reviews ( New Century Maths Text); excell; and certain web pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)