needing a whinge... (1 Viewer)

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i need a whinge cos im so worked up at so i'm sorry to all of you out there who dont give a fuck, you can go now n not read this.
its been a shit week on top of a horrible year where i just havent been able to keep things straight. first the hrs got cut at work so i have to spend more time at home n my parents expect me to study for ALL of that extra time. then i got english back, n was upset about my result, burst into tears at skool, when i told my bf he seemed disappointed in me. i'm pissed off that im not one of the best ppl on my netball team n i always have time off in our games so in our grandfinal on the w/e i prolly wont play anymore than half the game cos they wanna win n dont care about equal play even though all yr they have all been saying we need to have equal play time. i'm not sleeping well n am over tired so i didnt go to school today n am now worried that i missed something very important... it seems that no matter how much effort i put into things i dont improve and i and loosing so much faith in myself that i am so close to giving up all together n dropping out. i doubt my marks will equate to a uai that will get me into teaching which i have had my heart set on since i was about 12 n know i will beat myself up over it. n thats just what has happened to me and i have thpught about in the past week... this yr n my life is just so fucked up, and hardly anyone knows why that is... i'm not a happy lil girl atm

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
*hug*

You just have to grit your teeth and keep going until one day you look up and you see the examiner saying "pens down" after your last exam in the HSC and its all over... that's what's keeping me goin, and others too i suspect.

G

Gavvvvvin

You bitch about your bad marks but dont wanna study in the extra time youve got off work?

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
no it's not that i dont appreciate the extra time, its just that cos of the extra 4 hrs i'll have, my parents expect that great things will happen. they have very high expactations of me that i know are impossible for me to reach

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
if it helps, there are 50000 other students going through the same thing
i dunno if that does, cos when it comes down to it, i'm compeating against them for a decent uai (haha) and a uni place...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you kiddies always assume to get into your desired course you need xx.xx UAI and all that, but keep in mind there are literally a zillion back-doors into uni and courses.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
are your parents asian by any chance?

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
HSC
I think the point tommy is making is that there are 60 odd thousand people doing the HSC, and it's not like they're all cruising through it, either, with the expectations of selves, parents, friends and schools and whatever...
perhaps you should talk to your oldies about their expectations of you using all your time to study? I mean, unless it's effective study rather than going through the motions, you might be better off doing stuff to restore your sanity/health (like the work was)

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
jess, i know those back doors exit, but you still have to work very hard to have them work for you, and may add a yr or so and it may not even pay off...
no, im about as anglo-saxen as they come jago. mum was born n nz n dad here

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
damn, you must've gotten one of them white parents who actually make you study hardcore...tough luck.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i've constantly told them i need the work as time out. that it was one day a week i could get away from the insanity of school and home. i know other poeple are finding it hard too, some of my closest are in that lot...

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
yeah, they do make me study hardcore, they expect me to be like the bright one in the family who they can be proud about and tell all their friends and work ppl how wonderful and blah blah blah...
its quite sucky

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
like merrvyn said, talk to your rents, make them understand that your stressed and cant cope with them on your back, most likely they'll understand

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i've told them so many times tho... i dont know if another convo will help cos i tend to get angry as well...and then they'll blaim me spending too much time talking to my bf, which i dont btw and too much time at work, which is one day a week...now half. it tends to go round in circles... sometimes i just lock myself in my roon all night studying n they leave me alone there, but the more i procrastinate, the more up my arse they get

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
take a book into your room that u study in, your parents will think ur working and that gets them off your case, and you get some time out, make sure u dont do it all the time tho, and get some study done! :p

if u dont like reading, take some music or something

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
stats show that the most effective studiers do study in lots of no more than 40 minutes and take breaks in between were they talk to friends, exercise, read books (not for school obviously!) and listen to music. oh, also get plenty of sleep and outside stimulus. so maybe try telling your parents about that? we all know that when we try to do too much work that thats when we get all stressed - if you do to much you stop concentrating. since you're not taking anything in, you might as well be doing something to relax you, else you'll just get more stressed.
dont worry dude, we're all in the same boat. everyone is stressed to the max. but it'll be over soon! im hanging out for the 'pens down' moment!!! is my favourite daydream:D

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
porge said:
take a book into your room that u study in, your parents will think ur working and that gets them off your case, and you get some time out, make sure u dont do it all the time tho, and get some study done! :p

if u dont like reading, take some music or something
its gotta be better if she can get out of her study environment though

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
HSC
i reckon if you can't get out of your study environment then porge's idea is good.... especially if you enjoy reading for pleasure - pretty much any book could be extra material for journeys ;) Failing that, any sort of chilling has got to be better than stressing. :)

EDIT: i meant that you could pass off your reading as *study*...

Last edited:

Giant Lobster

HSC
ok having scanned through that, i picked up sources of frustration from: netball, work, bf being disappointed in you cos you're crap at english which i guess is because you wont use your extra time to study.

hack it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)