Neglecting classwork as study material (1 Viewer)

terminator69

HSC
In preparation for the HSC, I have rarely looked at any of the notes I have taken in class and focused more on syllabus-orientated notes found on BOS. This seems to have worked out well so far and it seems I can study more efficiently by learning the main syllabus points and avoiding problems such as a teacher missing points, being absent from class or going into too much depth in particular areas (where too much information is unneeded and too hard to memorise). Anyone else studying and learning primarily from external notes to class?

hollaholla

HSC
lol same i never look at class notes cause they aint detailed enough...i do not even hav a note book for my subs except for eng lol. I seem to be doing pretty okay this way though so it isnt even a bad thing :D . i use textbooks/pastpapers or bos notes

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I make my notes from class notes and other resources, then my book gets put into one of my many piles of paper on my study table :)

Aside from english of course, as i don't use notes at all but just my book and sheets my teacher gives me to come up with assignments.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I've definitely under-used my class notes. I basically tend to ignore them as they aren't comprehensive and they aren't sorted. Reading textbooks FTW :D

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Same, I barely write in class. I just stare blankly at the teacher.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
Study so far has been dot pointing essays I've done for english, and doing past papers for maths.
But for Physics I like using the premium notes here to find out what I dont know then going to class notes to do it properly.
Legal I'll just dot point old essays and glance over some syllabus notes.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Study so far has been dot pointing essays I've done for english, and doing past papers for maths.
But for Physics I like using the premium notes here to find out what I dont know then going to class notes to do it properly.
Legal I'll just dot point old essays and glance over some syllabus notes.
Are the premium notes worth the money?

Katherwin

HSC
Yep, I mostly used bos resources to re-do summaries.

This was very necessary for Modern History. My teacher would talk about a concept for half an hour and write a couple of sentences of notes to sum it up. Problem was, I tended to tune out five minutes into it and when he wrote the notes had no idea what they meant. We also watched lots of movies.

I only just learnt who the Novemeber Criminals are...

LordPc

HSC
ignoring class notes will work fine for the hsc.

however remember that your teacher is writing your exams and assignments, and so if they focus on certain things in class, it would be beneficial to be aware of this for testing purposes

Venom.

HSC
Stopped taking notes in class towards the end of the year in Bio and Ancient, as my teachers tended to go off on tangents that weren't what was required for the HSC syllabus. Just brought a laptop to class and typed my own notes out of the textbook.

It kinda poses the question that for the humanities at least, do you really need teachers? I could've covered the HSC course on my own and understood it perfectly fine.

imalda

HSC
Stopped taking notes in class towards the end of the year in Bio and Ancient, as my teachers tended to go off on tangents that weren't what was required for the HSC syllabus. Just brought a laptop to class and typed my own notes out of the textbook.

It kinda poses the question that for the humanities at least, do you really need teachers? I could've covered the HSC course on my own and understood it perfectly fine.
same here. i didnt even turn up to most of my classes after the trials. just sat outside typing away at my laptop. but i did attend the parties though XDDDDDDD

dolbinau

HSC
I didn't use ANY class notes for anything except maybe some techniques for English...used BOS/textbooks/study guides for science and (mainly) past papers for Maths 2u/3u..overall UAI 96.05 (I suppose that's almost bad here). BUT. Don't worry class notes=SUCK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)