Nervous! What do you do? (1 Viewer)

katylostacello

HSC
What does everyone here do if there nervous? I hate my nerves and ill try any suggestion to get some relief... Any hints or advice would be awesome!!

bassguy

HSC
basically, you just have to perform a lot
until it just feels like a normal thing to do
you can't really get a quick solution to this one
its like playing an instrument, you need practise

Sofstar

HSC
I get really nervous as well and haven't come up with anything to overcome it yet. I'll take bassguy's advice and do more performing.
Playing a brass instrument, getting nervous kills the breathing. ><.

idling fire

HSC
Well my personal experience is nervous = slightly sweaty hands. Not good for playing piano... getting stuck to keys and all. I am yet to try a light talcum powder covering. :)

Basically, no solution but more performing.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
I don't know how many people this would actually work for, but... I just take my glasses off. Then I can't see more than about three feet in front of me. :shy:

But yes, perform in front of people more. The best way to do this is grab a bunch of friends who wouldn't mind listening to you practise. From my experience, it's harder to perform in front of people you know.

~untitled~

HSC
Yea i get really nervous and hands sweat + shake ...lol, not real great for piano. One of my friends told me to soak my hands in iced water then rub them with deep heat b4 performing, am still yet to try this, if u do let me know if it works lol. But for performing i normally drink half a bottle of 'Bach's 'rescue remedy' spray, it kinda works. i took valium once.... it worked well but when i finished my performance everything started spinning, lol.

But if youre only just a little bit nervous try going for a run or something before hand, it takes your mind of it.

HSC
idling fire said:
Well my personal experience is nervous = slightly sweaty hands. Not good for playing piano... getting stuck to keys and all. I am yet to try a light talcum powder covering. :)

Basically, no solution but more performing.
I roil/spray deoderant on my hands to deal with the sweating at piano exams. It works really well.

2cool4u

HSC
hey
have u got a band that u feel really comfortable playing with, if yes use them for the first song that way your more settle.
Other then that eat healthy and get a lot of exercise and some of the nreves well pass.
Well it works for me anyway.
2cool4u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)