New 17 leaving age? (1 Viewer)

VIVALAJUICY

HSC
Do you think the new leaving age of 17 puts extra stress on Year 12 students?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
I don't think the leaving age should be so high because it puts stress on public schools.

you have plenty of kids by year 9-10 that just don't want to be there.

they disrupt class, create a harder enviroment for teachers and students to teach and learn in and some cause social issues at school.

Making them sit their hsc is stupid and it just puts more stress on the public system and it makes it harder for students and teachers to learn/teach.

Why waste all that time for them when they could easily drop out and go get a job?

hebss

HSC
it destroyed my school too. Before that law came in, all the kids who hated school dropped out and the ones who actually wanted to succeed in getting an atar stayed. But now my classes are all filled with idiots who distract the ones who want to learn. They have no respect & they practically want to see everyone else fail like them.

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think the leaving age should be so high because it puts stress on public schools.

you have plenty of kids by year 9-10 that just don't want to be there.

they disrupt class, create a harder enviroment for teachers and students to teach and learn in and some cause social issues at school.

Making them sit their hsc is stupid and it just puts more stress on the public system and it makes it harder for students and teachers to learn/teach.

Why waste all that time for them when they could easily drop out and go get a job?
This, if they dont want to be there / could be doing something they'd rather just let them, they're old enough to decide for themselves and forcing them will just hinder everyone else's learning (plus take up space and $$$ needlessly)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I hate the fact derros stayed to drag down my cohort. They would have dropped out otherwise. And not thank god for selective schools, they're only for city people...country people don't have that opportunity unless they move away from their parents and everything.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If they can get a job they can leave - the job though has to have prospects and be full-time.

They can also go to TAFE if they want.

What this change has done it brought NSW into line with most of the rest of Australia and OECD countries that have had 17 or 18 as the leaving age for years.

VIVALAJUICY

HSC
I was wondering from another perpective whether anyone has been made to stay at school by their parents due to the New leaving age? Thus causing them undue stress as they maybe an under achiever or simply not want to be there??

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess the raising age to 17 has dragged my school's rank down as well :(
but then again its coz we have more and more ppl each year, and even then, the ppl we accept are like mediocre and a lot of them dont end up doing well T_T

Lumix

HSC
I think this is a very good step taken by the government because it would mean more students(not-so-good students) will sit the HSC meaning that a higher ATAR can be more easily achieved. LMAO

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Gawd you are stupid.

The ATAR ranks you with EVERYONE in your cohort from year 7, so regardless of whether they dropped or not, it would not impact on your ATAR.

Dun goofed.

crazysexycool

HSC
Little TB cunts distracting me during class. If you don't like school then jig. No1cur4u

jessxxr

HSC
I was wondering from another perpective whether anyone has been made to stay at school by their parents due to the New leaving age? Thus causing them undue stress as they maybe an under achiever or simply not want to be there??
there's a girl in my year who wants to leave but her mum's forcing her to stay so shes pretty much just trying to get herself kicked out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)