New Honda Civic (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Shimian said:
Im planning on getting my 06 Civic lowered with 18" rims. Has anyone lowered this car with 17+" rims? If so, could you post some pics? I want to know what the car looks like with these modifications.
cheers
Sorry, no pic, but I've seen a black 06 civic lowered with 18s, it was an illegal low and it looked hideous.

Cos the new civic has a really chunky ass.. and the guy lowered it so it looked like the car was lugging it's ass along the road.. not to mention he just had really bad taste..

Maybe it was just that one.. I dont know, but it hurt my eyes..

Shimian

HSC
I was planning to lower it about 1". Any lower and ill see sparks. Did it look nice with 18"? Damn, really need to see some photos. Or maybe i should stop spending more money on the car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've seen a few with new wheels- don't think it needs lowering because the design of the car makes it look lowered even if it's stock.

CieL

HSC
Yeah, I've seen a few with new wheels too, but are they 18"s?

Shimian

HSC
The new 07 Civic will be out next month. Here are some of the differences for those who wish to know.

- VTI-L now comes with 16" alloys
- Sport now comes with 17" alloys
- All have MP3 auxillary jack
- VTI-L has steering wheel mounted audio controls (did the old one have it?)
- New colour Sparkling Grey for all models
- No more Silver Moss
- You can only get grey leather for the Sport model. No more blue leather.
- Misty violet is now for all models

Did i miss anything else? Anyways, Im so glad I got the silver moss with blue leather. The grey leather doesnt look as good. But damn, I wish I had the 17" rims.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh VTi-L had steering wheel controls.. without it, I wouldn't have bought the VTi-L. I use them a lot surprisingly.

CieL

HSC
Shimian said:
The new 07 Civic will be out next month. Here are some of the differences for those who wish to know.

- VTI-L now comes with 16" alloys
- Sport now comes with 17" alloys
- All have MP3 auxillary jack
- VTI-L has steering wheel mounted audio controls (did the old one have it?)
- New colour Sparkling Grey for all models
- No more Silver Moss
- You can only get grey leather for the Sport model. No more blue leather.
- Misty violet is now for all models

Did i miss anything else? Anyways, Im so glad I got the silver moss with blue leather. The grey leather doesnt look as good. But damn, I wish I had the 17" rims.
You're joking.

We got our new 06 civic a few days ago.. after waiting 3 months cos they were full out of stock.. and now they introduce an 07 civic???

But... I dont know what you're talking about..
vti-Ls always had 16s and steering wheel mounted audio controls
Sports always had 17s..... DIDNT THEY??

Unless someone's mistaken................

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Nope. My VTi-L has 15s and Sports used to have 16s. Also.. the new 16" alloys on VTi-L are apparently very hot... sigh. Btw I thought you read OH Ciel?

CieL

HSC
Ohhhh.. turns out I got the 07 Civic then.. as clarified by you..

And I dont think the new alloys look hot.. they look ordinary..

I have never set foot on OH btw.. lol..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well... as you said it.. my car.. if you can't see the rims/tyres, it looks alright.

But sigh, saving up money atm... don't really wanna splurge on rims (just yet) esp since VTi-L was more expensive than VTi because it had rims (amongst other things).

So you gonna do anything to the Civic?

Shimian

HSC
I had a chat with my dealer yesterday when I had my boot lining installed. He is spewing that the silver moss is no longer available and also no blue leather for the Sport model. The customers are asking for it. He showed me the new sparkle grey colour and I can honestly say, it would be the worst of all the colours. Its not even a grey, more like an inbetween blue-purple colour. I was jokingly mentioning about the new 17" rims for the new Sport model how I may be interested in buying them. He straightaway said "DONT, they are crap. It doesnt match the car" Well, I am glad that I bought my Sport - silver moss with blue leather. Im sure the rest of those who has one will agree. Now I can say that my car is a limited edition, assuming they dont reproduce due to demand :)

CieL

HSC
Is Sparkle Grey really that bad?

I'm just looking at it through the honda site... and it just looks like another name for the old graphite grey..

EDIT:

OMFGGGGGGG
I just browsed the new colours the the Accord Euro..... they have a "Mocha" colour now!
OMG a brown Euro..... wt-effing..... that is filthy!

HSC
avoid getting a used honda near 110 or 220k's, it'd need a new timing belt. in good news i got mine and my Ps :D (minus sticker i took off )
. gonna add a b16a in it soon, will need new ecu

HSC
didnt add those, came with it. i only got it for $6.5k so i aint complaining, ill prob change the rims when i can be fucked too something decent

CieL

HSC
Sounds like a good deal.

That's what... 96 civic? How many kms?

Getting [decent] rims for those tyres are going to be a bitch.... $$$-wise....

HSC
17" rims arent that bad, $600 something decent. its a 98 civic with 160ks. <3 belmore auctions, i was biddign for that car like no tommorow. some wise ass who had it before ( i checked logged, some maso) put a sports transmission in it :D

CieL

HSC
lol okay... $600 would mean alot to me.. cos I work for bananas..

HSC
lol well i work like 6 days a week 2-3 different jobs so for me it aint so bad :p. as if im prepared too blow $600 on rims anyway, i aint some sort of big showoff hero wog (im gonna get quoted on this and payed out, just watch).

Shimian

HSC
CieL said:
Is Sparkle Grey really that bad?

I'm just looking at it through the honda site... and it just looks like another name for the old graphite grey..

EDIT:

OMFGGGGGGG
I just browsed the new colours the the Accord Euro..... they have a "Mocha" colour now!
OMG a brown Euro..... wt-effing..... that is filthy!
I didnt like it. On the honda website, the colour looks dark blue. In person, it looks weird. I wouldnt even call it graphite. Maybe I just need my eyes checked, but i wouldnt even consider it even if it was the last civic on earth....well maybe ill respray it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)