New kingdom - death Thut 1V (1 Viewer)

jess04

hi... i have my ancient history trial paper in 4 days and am soo lost
could anyone tell me the significance of the warrior paroah image???? would be greaty appreicaed!!!

Also... what would be sum questions that could be expected on the topic thanx heaps :)

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
ok, let me see... basically you can get questions like explain the significance of the warrior pharaoh image in NKE or with reference to specific pharoahs (choose two from the following type of thing).
That means you have to explain how important it was and the impact it had. You can link this to ideas such as the Egyptian empire (warrior pharoahs were necessary to maintain the egyptian empire, it's 'spheres of influence' and its actual tributaries), the policy of extending the boundaries (Amnehotep I first pharoah to have this policy), upholding ma'at. Also things from the warrior pharoah image such as increased tribute led to more expansive building programs, and Amun becoming an imperial god and the rise of the Amun priesthood( because to uphold this image they had to campaign more).. Also, you could get a question on the image vs. reality aspect of the warrior pharoah image ie. whether all pharoahs were actually warior pharoahs or if they just went along with it, cos military victory had become a requirement of kingship

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
its also interesting 2 consider hatshepsut and 2 what extent she upheld this image. a good one to look at also for image vs reality of image is Amenhotep II (especially his clubbing princes 2 death at base of amun statue and the arrow in the copper ingot thing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)