New Masters of Financial Mathematics (1 Viewer)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
You're meant to do it over 3 sessions.

It's nothing new really; it's just repackaging existing postgrad courses under a new degree.

If you want to do all these courses, just do Honours (like me :D).

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Oh I thought it meant 1 yr = 2 sessions. Bit hard to do honours in 2 disciplines in 1 year :p I think it's a good opposition against the financial maths major at usyd.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
I'm probably only going to do Honours in the BSc.

Yeah, UNSW Science needs to market itself better. The rigour, depth and variety of these financial mathematics courses definitely outclasses USyd.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Sorry to go off the topic, but: http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au/honpg/future/coursework/pgfuturecoursework.html

Firstly, reading his little blurb and picture was amusing. But then after reading what he has done (under the Sudhir Grandhi, Master of Statistics, 2003-2004) I was in awe :eek: The stuff sounds very interesting.

I chose the School of Mathematics at UNSW because of its reputation for teaching and research excellence.
There, kept it on topic. :p

jimmaths

HSC
N/A
At UNSW we've been trying to get set up a Master of Statistics course in Fraud Detection/Data Forensics. We need a sponsor ... none forthcoming yet but I remain hopeful

jimmaths

HSC
N/A
At UNSW we've been trying to get set up a Master of Statistics course in Fraud Detection/Data Forensics. We need a sponsor ... none forthcoming yet but I remain hopeful.

phrred

HSC
§eraphim said:
I'm probably only going to do Honours in the BSc.

Yeah, UNSW Science needs to market itself better. The rigour, depth and variety of these financial mathematics courses definitely outclasses USyd.
our maths school rips usyd but it doesnt appear many people outside of UNSW know that

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
when i went to usyd open day they said they had the biggest maths department out of all the unis.

how did they rank our maths school? was it by citations and research (as usual)?

Affinity

HSC
doesn't make much of a difference... the 2 unis are probably going to share upper division courses soon anyway

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
The two maths departments have very different research directions and strengths, so it's rather difficult to compare. There will be a lot of complementary sharing of honours courses between the two in the near future, so the qualities are really very similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)