• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New phone dilemma... (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Hey guys...instead of hijacking seremify's thread, I'll start a new one as my question is slightly different.

I really dont know much about phones...all i ever wanted to do was make calls but me old T610 is struggling...

My phone has a shitty camera, and not many features...

For once in my life, I want something nice and flashy

Im looking to go on a plan but I dont plan to use the sim that they provide (long story short, I have awesome deals with my voda sim because I work for GE and am on a staff plan for life basically)

I want a really good camera since my digital camera lens kinda fukd up and I cant get it to work ever again...So 3mp + is ideal...

I want a decent mp3 player with reasonable storage (definitely need the expandable memory). A question, what is the difference between micro and mini sd?

I want to have mp3 ringtones and i only want to use the mp3s from my computer...none of this downloading from mobile internet crap. So USB/Bluetooth is a must.

I do not need internet or nething on my mobile...but they all come with that these days

A video camera would be nice...but not essential

That's about it...I want it to look decent...simple criteria really...

I was looking at the N73 v. D900 v. K800i v. n80 v. Z400(cheap :))...I have nfi what to get...

Would anyone have any idea how much the N95 would cost? Should I wait till 2007 for that phone? I heard LG will come out with something a bit better than they're functionless Chocolate...

I really need help I have no idea :(

Krish

EDIT: I hate Motorola...so if you guys could recommend any upcoming/existing phones from Sony/Samsung/Nokia, taht would help me greatly...

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Supra said:
A question, what is the difference between micro and mini sd?
Micro is smaller basically.

I want to have mp3 ringtones and i only want to use the mp3s from my computer...none of this downloading from mobile internet crap. So USB/Bluetooth is a must.
wise.
A video camera would be nice...but not essential
If you want 3MP+, your going to get a video camera.
I was looking at the N73 v. D900 v. K800i v. n80 v. Z400(cheap :))...I have nfi what to get...
The reason i'm getting a Nokia next is for the S60 Symbian OS. SE's are cool but you can do more with the Symbian OS.

Would anyone have any idea how much the N95 would cost?
800 - 1200
Should I wait till 2007 for that phone?
Can your T610 hold out?

Phone's (...everything) eventually gets more awesome. If you wait till 2007, there will be new upcoming phones coming out, and you will be where you are now.

I heard LG will come out with something a bit better than they're functionless Chocolate...
Yuck. Dont bother.
LG make Fridges and TV's
What does Nokia make? ;)

EDIT: I hate Motorola...so if you guys could recommend any upcoming/existing phones from Sony/Samsung/Nokia, taht would help me greatly...
good to hear. new ones suck

oh yeah. If I were you, N73.

bluebiro

HSC
i got a n73 bout a month ago. ive got no problems with it but it is pretty long. so it feels weird in your pocket. but besides that its a good solid phone.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i was looking at things at more detail today...i might hold off til the N73 Music Edition, or wait for the N95, depends on timing and money...im convinced by the N73 now, I used to hate Nokia but teh N-Series is respectable...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm an avid Nokia fan at heart... been using them for more than 10 years now.

Anyhow, if you can stand SonyEricsson, they have heaps of great phones (non smart phones though) at decent prices with good features. Me? I can't stand the UI, and I just feel awkward using them. Also I feel compelled to have a smartphone rather than a normal one since synchronisation with my work PC is very important.

With the phone, are you looking for a phone to play mp3s with decent quality?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
seremify007 said:
I'm an avid Nokia fan at heart... been using them for more than 10 years now.

Anyhow, if you can stand SonyEricsson, they have heaps of great phones (non smart phones though) at decent prices with good features. Me? I can't stand the UI, and I just feel awkward using them. Also I feel compelled to have a smartphone rather than a normal one since synchronisation with my work PC is very important.

With the phone, are you looking for a phone to play mp3s with decent quality?
I hate nokia still, but I like their smartphone range. The N-Series is great.

I love Ericsson and Samsung, im so used to them now. That's why I was leaning towards the K8 and D9 but the N73 functionality kicks ass.

Im like you, synchronisation with my my PC is most important. This would allow me to transfer my mp3s, documents etc. So yes, music playback is also really important (hence the desire for the expandable memory). N73 has better sound quality apparently.

Photos are really important as well, since my digital camera fukd up.

So all in all, Im looking for just about everything the N95 can deliver, today :p

I hope they put the N95 on some kind of affordable plan...or else ill just get the N73

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just feel awkward using SE... that, and my experience with the w800i has been very problematic even with firmware updates (ie. keeps on resetting, didn't display sms properly, etc..)

As for N95... i'm in malaysia atm, and they have the "sample" models available (ie. dummy phones). It's not that big actually- about the same size as an N80! Probably cost $1k+ aud outright judging by N93 pricing (RM2500+ = approx 800aud?) compared to N80 (RM1500 = approx 500).

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
1k outright is still heaps though, I need to go on a plan for sure.
Fuck my phone bill for this month was 325 bux :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)