New retailers opening in Semester 1 (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Yeah I think a lot of stores may go on the ground floor of the new student accommodation near UNSW Village. But so happy that Boost and Subway are gonna be on campus.
3 go where arc shop was on upper campus. 2 or 3 go where arc middle campus/computer store were. Others in new building.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
they better sell sausages at the IGA

I don't want to walk a mile to buy extra sausages for the next BBQ of a certain society that I have to help run BBQs for...

(i also measured it with google maps, the walk to and fro is actually a mile to randwick coles)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I'd prefer some other healthier, yet just as delicious, food store - like Japanese or Korean restaurants. <3
There are already 2 Japanese sushi stores. Mist people wouldnt want a full born Japanese restuarant I doubt.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
The current sushi stores are so bad though >.>

So sad Moochi is upper campus when I have classes lower campus >.>

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
walk up the stairs and get exercise

sheesh

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
maybe for you :(

I take my time. (read: stairs tire me and i have to walk really slowly)

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
There are already 2 Japanese sushi stores. Mist people wouldnt want a full born Japanese restuarant I doubt.
Sushi stores? I don't want sushi. I want ramen, Japanese curries, takoyaki - Japanese food isn't just sushi. e___e;

HSC
Uni Grad
Sushi stores? I don't want sushi. I want ramen, Japanese curries, takoyaki - Japanese food isn't just sushi. e___e;
I reckon a food court version of ajisen ramen wouldn't be a bad idea imo. Although on the other hand, they would need to decrease their prices slightly, or offer student discounts.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
then go off campus and get it geez louise princess it's a fast food court in a uni not a restaurant complex

e___e;
So what if it's a fast food court? I've seen fast food courts (the ones where you don't wait, you just order and they scoop and serve) with Japanese stores that served curries, takoyaki, tempura, croquettes, etc. In universities, department stores, etc.

Maybe it's because I come from a country where everything can be served in food courts, but I certainly don't think it's a high expectation to expect Japanese stores in food courts to serve Japanese curries or takoyaki or tempura or Japanese hamburgers or special Japanese pizzas or croquettes or other Japanese foods that can be prepared in advance and sold on the spot without any waiting time. =/

While I'm on the subject of country differences, I'd just like to randomly point out that, to me, sushi = fast food is a weird concept. Before I came to Sydney, I had never seen any stores in any type of food court sell only sushi. Japanese stores in food courts sold cooked foods, not sushi and sushi rolls. If you wanted to eat sushi, you had to go into a supermarket and buy a box of sushi, which would be right next to a box of sashimi and cold tempura and packaged rice dishes and other foods like that.

It's amazing how different two countries can be on something as simple as what a store sells/serves.

By the way, another interesting fact - in my country, expecting to be able to buy sushi in a food court would have others calling you "princess". Sushi, in my country, is considered a slightly expensive and special treat. If you eat sushi or sashimi for lunch every day, you're basically proclaiming that you're somewhat wealthy. We usually only eat sushi or sashimi if we feel like having a treat, if we have some spare cash, if there's a special occasion, etc.

I reckon a food court version of ajisen ramen wouldn't be a bad idea imo. Although on the other hand, they would need to decrease their prices slightly, or offer student discounts.
If they offer student discounts, I would happily go and eat there if I wanted to eat lunch at uni.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)