Newcastle to USYD (Occupational Therapy) (2 Viewers)

thortier

HSC
Hi guys! I got 90.4 for my atar which doesn't meet the usyd cut off for OT (around 93). I'm planning to do OT at newcastle and try to transfer to usyd later. Does anyone know how hard it is to transfer to OT at usyd? (internal and external, GPA, etc)

Alternatively, would it be better to do another course at usyd and try for an internal transfer to OT?

Any other options?

HSC
Internal transfer into OT is not as competitive as say, physio. Not sure what grades you need to get but around a 68-75 WAM (which is a high credit to distinction range) should suffice. If you're transferring from another uni, you can get easily get in with a distinction average and since they take your ATAR into account (yours is pretty high) you could get in with a credit average or high pass (my friend got through with this).

If OT is what you definitely want to do I would recommend doing an OT course at either one of the unis in NSW which offer it (WSU, ACU, UON) so your credits transfer - meaning you could possibly graduate in the same year and not stay back a year. If you're not so sure about OT you could do a faculty of health science course at USYD as you do have some common units like sociology & psychology and anatomy.

Also, you are only 3 ATAR points behind last years cut off. They accepted a lot of people in OT last year than previous so don't lose hope and place it as your first preference anyway! Good luck :)

thortier

HSC
Internal transfer into OT is not as competitive as say, physio. Not sure what grades you need to get but around a 68-75 WAM (which is a high credit to distinction range) should suffice. If you're transferring from another uni, you can get easily get in with a distinction average and since they take your ATAR into account (yours is pretty high) you could get in with a credit average or high pass (my friend got through with this).

If OT is what you definitely want to do I would recommend doing an OT course at either one of the unis in NSW which offer it (WSU, ACU, UON) so your credits transfer - meaning you could possibly graduate in the same year and not stay back a year. If you're not so sure about OT you could do a faculty of health science course at USYD as you do have some common units like sociology & psychology and anatomy.

Also, you are only 3 ATAR points behind last years cut off. They accepted a lot of people in OT last year than previous so don't lose hope and place it as your first preference anyway! Good luck :)
Sorry about the super late reply- thanks so much for this! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)