well, it never ends with bio, lol

u can keep studying forever

also, it'll be hard to retain the memory of such a large syllabus

you might have to revise more

dolbinau

HSC
Takuto said:
sup guys

whos staying up to cram? im gonna pull an allnighter, havent touched communications lol
Not me, hehe. But when you look at communication look at hearing especially, a guy from the advice line said it hasn't been the focus in the past few years

These are the things that haven't been asked yet:

Differences in Insect/Fish/Mammal hearing. Sound transformations. Role of Eustachian tube and sound shadow

AvieT

HSC
N/A
- L - said:
explain why biochemical differences between species such as amino acid differences are thought to reflect evolutionary relationships 3 marker
i think you can mention DNA hybridisation, its the process where to take 2 DNA from different organisms, that you think are similar, or whatever, you split them, and then join them together. i think scientists then heat them up, and upon cooling, they observe the bases that join, and the bases that dont, and make notes as to how different each organism is from the other one.

lil-monkey

HSC
Takuto said:
sup guys

whos staying up to cram? im gonna pull an allnighter, havent touched communications lol

yea mayb. already done past papers + the mc on BOS. (85/90 =] )

ive done all my dot points. reading over and and over and writting notes to remind myself in the morning on stuff i cant remember, only half way....dont want to start communication- i'll be writting the entire information down again lol. worst topic ever!!!! hahaha

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
ok here is my prediction for communication:

theres always a question to do with technology to help impaired functioning of sight and hearing.
i think there will be one of these questions this year.

also they might put in there something to do with threshold/action potential (maybe graph an action potential?)

and as always communication in humans and animals... something that will need us to describe and compare using examples

i have a feeling theres gonna be something to do with changing energy transformation probably in the ear.

maybe something to do with reflex actions?

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
im gonna have an early night...need to relax and get extra sleep to have enough energy for 2moz

btw this thread has been fantastic...

GOOD LUCK BIOLOGY CLASS OF 2008

SEE YOU AFTER THE EXAM :uhhuh:
HOPEFULLY WE ARE ALL SMILING!!!! :shy: :lol:

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
imqt said:
im gonna have an early night...need to relax and get extra sleep to have enough energy for 2moz

nawww goodnight and goodluck for tomorrow =) you're gonna do great!

dolbinau

HSC
This is so strange. A guy from the advice line hung up on me LOL. I don't know if it was intentional or not, I asked him if he had a list of things 'they' hadn't talked about before, then he said who is 'they' and I said - the Board of studies, "I had one guy who had a list of things that hadn't come up in exams before" then just *hang up*

wtf is a reflex action? lol.

Takuto

HSC
dolbinau said:
This is so strange. A guy from the advice line hung up on me LOL. I don't know if it was intentional or not, I asked him if he had a list of things 'they' hadn't talked about before, then he said who is 'they' and I said - the Board of studies, "I had one guy who had a list of things that hadn't come up in exams before" then just *hang up*
hahaha he bluffed it.. he doesnt have anything

probably ran away after that lol

dolbinau

HSC
It was a strange phone call anyway, like a second call back when I'd already finished one before.

- L -

HSC
AvieT said:
i think you can mention DNA hybridisation, its the process where to take 2 DNA from different organisms, that you think are similar, or whatever, you split them, and then join them together. i think scientists then heat them up, and upon cooling, they observe the bases that join, and the bases that dont, and make notes as to how different each organism is from the other one.
that doesnt answer the question

- how does differences in amino acids between different species indicate/ reflect evolutionary relationships

- L -

HSC
Takuto said:
sup guys

lol stay on bos asking questions and answering questions while your at it

lil-monkey

HSC
gloworm14 said:
ok here is my prediction for communication:

theres always a question to do with technology to help impaired functioning of sight and hearing.
i think there will be one of these questions this year.

also they might put in there something to do with threshold/action potential (maybe graph an action potential?)

and as always communication in humans and animals... something that will need us to describe and compare using examples

i have a feeling theres gonna be something to do with changing energy transformation probably in the ear.

i think also:
receptors in the eye or naming parts of the eye + function
light absobtion
accomodation! always asked
technologies (always a high mark one)
parts of the brain.

past questions have tended to focus on the eye more then any other part i think. but i think they might ask more about the ear this yr (just a feeling)
well good luck everyone!!!!
i'm going to non-stop study now. so hopefully i can go to bed tonight hahaha.

Takuto

HSC
A quick question, what materials do the xylem transport?

'water and mineral ions'?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
imqt said:

Thanks =]

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO AND EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE!!

lil-monkey

HSC
Takuto said:
A quick question, what materials do the xylem transport?

'water and mineral ions'?

i thought the xylem transported water up the stem from the roots to the leaves. and its passive transport. the transpiration-cohesion-tention mechanism.

or it that the phloem???

EDIT: yeah it does transport both water and minerals... but is above still correct ?
im so confused about the xylem and phloem.
could someone say
what each transports,
what each mechanism is called and how they work.
thanks =]

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lil-monkey said:
i thought the xylem transported water up the stem from the roots to the leaves. and its passive transport. the transpiration-cohesion-tention mechanism.

or it that the phloem???
Yep thats right, except the water has minerals dissolved in it, so thats why takuto said "water and mineral ions"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)