• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NFL, NRL or AFL (1 Viewer)

4jess7lov

HSC
you guys all seem to forget that professional soccer has the most injuries per player then any other football code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

billbro

HSC
N/A
I've only played Rugby League for a few years, so can't really make a decisive judgement.

I would say NFL though, those guys just get smashed. In the other codes you don't get snapped unless you have the ball - you get crunched all over the park in NFL, which leads me to think they are "tougher".

HSC
N/A
advanced sam said:
i hate afl...
afl RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
so does the NRL, im a fan of both.

growing up in sydney, i was a passionate league supporter and hating AFL at first too, but now i love it

NFL is probably the toughest sport i reckon

frontman

HSC
wuddie said:
afl have by far the fittest players in any code of sport. the amount of running they do is insane - second to none.
If you want running, go watch a marathon.

frontman

HSC
I think it comes down to what you classify as toughness for the NRL and NFL. NFL the hits are often (legally) bigger but you do have A LOT of stoppages. Teams for offense and defense. Wide recievers are incredibly fit but at the same time plenty of players are clinically obese.

In rugby league your not getting hit after every play but you just dont stop going the whole game. I think the best analogy I've heard is would you prefer to get hit with a truck once or get hit with a car 4 times.

Having said that, that's only talking about hits. Theres so many other facets of either game.

frontman

HSC
4jess7lov said:
you guys all seem to forget that professional soccer has the most injuries per player then any other football code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im pretty sure netball gets higher than all the football codes in Australia.

Those girls are pretty vicious...

walkahz

HSC
NFL players are wearing padding and are not moving very fast when they get hit normally.

NRL players get tackeled often but again the speed normally isnt there.

AFL big hits are not as common as the have the sense to get rid of the ball first but they are moving much faster when they get hit (guy lost a kidney a few years ago).

Apples and oranges really to different to tell really.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
My american cousin said we are crazy when i took him to a nrl match.
He loved it thoroughly but

Zrap

glock9
HSC
siddharthlaha said:
who cares. they all play crap mindless sports that need no talent other than to be extremly big.
Thats why every extremely big person plays these sports?

Mozza91

HSC
siddharthlaha said:
who cares. they all play crap mindless sports that need no talent other than to be extremly big.
What sports do you like then?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
He likes to play being an emo and finger his arsehole. Scatch that actually. His sig has cricket, soccer and hockey in it. So i would say cricket, soccer and hockey. Hockey players can get quite big. Also i'v seen lots of 60kg footy players. So in theory, suck my dick.

2true

HSC
nrl 4 sure i have played all my life trained and played with penrith it takes alot to commit to some u love

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
siddharthlaha said:
spot on

see over in the AFL thread they're talking about one of the teams signed a rugby player

couldn't happen in any other sport
the "highest level" (snigger) of the sport signs a professional who's never played it before and he fits right in

proof there's no skill

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
2true prove it. Also i went from league last year to afl this year. took like 2 games before i had it worked out. but thats the same with all sports. good athletes can just swap and pick shit up. i still cant kick for shit but i can tackle so thats why i gets to be fullback. see, interchangeable skillz.

HSC
4jess7lov said:
yeah but that is because they are pansies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)