nightlife and entertainment in Wagga? (1 Viewer)

Avadh

HSC
Hey guys, I just got accepted for Equine Studies at CSU Wagga,
Gonna be flying down there in Jan (28th) from here..(India).. Im a nocturnal person and was wondering what the nightlife and clubbing scene is like in Wagga... or if there is any at all..
Also i wanna know if there are any other Indian students joining at the same time.
cheers..

K

katie_tully

csu wagga is awesome
there is the tav (the uni bar) or u can go into town to some of the pubs. romano's used to be the way to go but i think the general trend is turning away from it.

lmelro01

HSC
Hey, I've just finished my first Yr at CSU wagga and find the nightlife pretty good. To be honest i've never been to the Tav, thats the watering hole at the uni but there is also the Crow Bar out there where all the uni nights such as Toga, Back to School and the bands like Thirsty Merc head to. There's always something going on there. Umm, in town there are plenty of pubs to go to, Romano's these days I've found seems to be the place to go rather than the Vic, one of the other pubs. The Vic however has like an upstairs dance bit which is pretty good. The only real nightclub in Wagga is The Capital which is the place to be of a Saturday night. Also, whenever there is a uni night out the the Crow Bar, buses take everyone into town afterwards. Hope this helps a little!!!

lachlan43

lmelro01 said:
Hey, I've just finished my first Yr at CSU wagga and find the nightlife pretty good. To be honest i've never been to the Tav, thats the watering hole at the uni but there is also the Crow Bar out there where all the uni nights such as Toga, Back to School and the bands like Thirsty Merc head to. There's always something going on there. Umm, in town there are plenty of pubs to go to, Romano's these days I've found seems to be the place to go rather than the Vic, one of the other pubs. The Vic however has like an upstairs dance bit which is pretty good. The only real nightclub in Wagga is The Capital which is the place to be of a Saturday night. Also, whenever there is a uni night out the the Crow Bar, buses take everyone into town afterwards. Hope this helps a little!!!
Don't forget Sarah Blasko! (Even though she's not a band)

lmelro01

HSC
Haha, yes of course... although i barely remember seeing her that night, i think the cheap goon impaired my vision dramatically!

lachlan43

Haha, well being the huge Sarah Blasko fan that I am, I made sure to stay half-sober, and ended up right at the front. :D Someone collapsed on me that night.

lulumoon1211

HSC
Hi! My name is Bec and I am a third year at Wagga CSU. The night life in Wagga is decent and there are a number of pubs and places to go out (not to mention the functions and events held on campus). Most places are open until 3am on the weekends. Hope this helps!

lmelro01

HSC
newkid said:
Haha, well being the huge Sarah Blasko fan that I am, I made sure to stay half-sober, and ended up right at the front. :D Someone collapsed on me that night.
Oh dear... i hope that wasn't me! haha. Good effort remaining half sober, claps for you! You looking forward to getting back to uni??

lachlan43

Haha, I hope so too, or that'd just be weird. Definitely looking forward to getting back to uni, I'm going to be there during O-Week because I work in Residences IT Support. I doubt I'll be able to get into any of the events, but I'll probably still go out afterwards. :D

lmelro01

HSC
Ooo IT support ey, so can i blame you for me not having a working room phone for the entire year??? Lol, i'm going to anyway =P I think that we're getting a little off topic in this thread don't you? haha, so if you feel like continuing the chat or whatever hit me on lauren_melrose1@hotmail.com

lachlan43

No, but we can blame your RA on South Campus. I thought you'd recognise me by now, then again my username isn't all that much of a hint. :D

K

katie_tully

haha
once i went onto mycsu which is free and stuff, and i went to buy some internets but when i tried to access the ANZ website to credit my account the nets wouldnt let me coz it wasnt the csu intranet
i was like, well thats silly now i have to walk over the hill to buy some internets

/end rant

lachlan43

But now you only have to buy internets 5/11 as often, now that it's 1c per MB rather than 2.2! :D

(Internet does not count as social life at uni, no excuses)

lmelro01

HSC
Lachlan???? Is that you?? Haha, yes i am quite the slow one, how long were you going to let me go on thinking you were some stranger!?!? How have you been? You're going to have to text me sometime soon with your number cause my sim got wiped and it's gooooooooooone! I so blame you even more for my phone not working, lol. Whats on for the holidays? You looking forward to getting back and are you staying on campus this year??

lachlan43

Yes, it's me! You're going to have to text me with your number...oh wait, I'll just private message you here with my number. Yeah, I'm on campus this year. I'm in West Hall, and most definitely looking forward to coming back. I'll be back during O-Week because I have work. :D

How about you? You on South again? Hopefully you'll have a phone this year, wherever you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)