NO accommodation (1 Viewer)

John555

HSC
Wonder how much we can redeem with the 'dinner voucher'... we don't have kitchens in the motel after all...

John555

HSC
I got citigate too. Have to admit its preety cheap, with some food.

Edit: READ THESE REVIEWS LOL TERRIBLE, AWFUL & HORRIBLE - Review of Canberra City Gateway Motel, Canberra, Australia - TripAdvisor
Holy shit. I've been to a a lot of dirty, shitty, dust mite ridden motels before, so I already had a bad feeling when I found out Citigate was a motel. Now this just confirms those feelings. I guess the first thing I'm going to do when I get there is do some serious cleaning.

And lol 14 reviews, all negative. No wonder it only costs $163 with breakfast and dinner included...

HiddenDragon

HSC
If its as bad as it says the three of us can go molotov the UAS building while they are working, and block the doorways.

Im just going to mention these reviews in my acceptance letter, I think you guys should too, they cant just dump us in a hole.

Last edited:

vikraman

HSC
I love this bit of the review, "my dog keeps her kennel cleaner.." that was just win. I'm starting to have nightmares of this place already.

HiddenDragon

HSC
I like the one that mentioned the pizza box with pizza in it in one of the light fixtures, oh and the stale maccas chips in the lift. LOLOL omg its funny in a way. But also extremely sad.

vikraman

HSC
I imagine that with some bad lighting, the place will look like the set for a B-grade horror flick. Hostel 4 anyone?

John555

HSC
If its as bad as it says the three of us can go molotov the UAS building while they are working, and block the doorways.
Lol like that guy who bombed some insurance company in Darwin? :D

But seriously, judging by those reviews, the place seems like a total shit hole. But at least we will be given priority when transferring to a dorm, and it really is very cheap compared to UniLodge, which is a big plus for me.

Despite all this, I'm quite disappointed at ANU for dumping us first years who will be moving out and coming to Canberra for the first time in holes. I mean, which college are we going to affiliate with? What O-Week activities will we have? How are we to compete in the Inter hall events? This is just total shit on behalf of ANU. And the thing is, it happens every freakin year! Last year they had the same problem, and this year as well. Do they EVER learn.

And $200 for residential committee? Oh please, a residential commitie on this god forsaken motel... sure...

Last edited:

littles123

HSC
We'll just cleanup. It'll be okay we'll all be in the same position so we can complain together. Hope we all get good roomies! My boyfriend lives in canberra so if its so bad im just going to go to his house

abyrne1

HSC
Geez, I thought I was at the disadvantage with UL, now I think I should be thanking my lucky stars. This is utter rubbish.

AND I can't believe there are internationals w/out UNI accommodation.

First year guarantee my ass.

I think it's also pathetic that the Uni colleges work with stereotypes. It's just allowing them to be as elitist as they like rather than giving everyone a fair go.

ANU = Bullshit.

littles123

HSC
Well its a matter of numbers. my first pref was burgmann and i heard they have a law stereotype and im studying law. or are you talking about some other stereotype?

abyrne1

HSC
Well its a matter of numbers. my first pref was burgmann and i heard they have a law stereotype and im studying law. or are you talking about some other stereotype?

I'm just going on what another person wrote on here, about the different colleges (I would have no idea) from experience.

John555

HSC
Geez, I thought I was at the disadvantage with UL, now I think I should be thanking my lucky stars. This is utter rubbish.

AND I can't believe there are internationals w/out UNI accommodation.

First year guarantee my ass.

I think it's also pathetic that the Uni colleges work with stereotypes. It's just allowing them to be as elitist as they like rather than giving everyone a fair go.

ANU = Bullshit.
Agreed. It kept saying we first years outside of ACT have this guarantee and are given priority yada yada yada. But if I had known priority meant dumping you at a 3rd class 1950s motel, then I would of much rather spent my time looking for a share apartment or something. With o week in a week or so and the semester starting soon, we really have no choice anymore.

And way to make a good impression to internationals... the highest ranked Australian University dumping you at a motel... great image.

Last edited:

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Agreed. It kept saying we first years outside of ACT have this guarantee and are given priority yada yada yada. But if I had known priority meant dumping you at a 3rd class 1950s motel, then I would of much rather spent my time looking for a share apartment or something. With o week in a week or so and the semester starting soon, we really have no choice anymore.

And way to make a good impression to internationals... the highest ranked Australian University dumping you at a motel... great image.
I agree, they leave it until the last min to give you a crap offer and then you have no choice but to accept it.
Not really fair on first years, or internationals (I can't belive they have done it to international students, thats terrible, leaving it so late, it's hard enough to move country, let alone into a dump hotel surrounded by housing comission).

I bet they’ll have the same problem next year, even with the new Uni Lodge.

littles123

HSC
Let's just put constant pressure on them to get us out so we can get into college with ACTUAL preference

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Let's just put constant pressure on them to get us out so we can get into college with ACTUAL preference
It might work, but when we tried it last year the UAS just told us it wasn’t their problem as they had stuck to their guarantee of getting is Accommodation and that’s it.

I think you guys should stick together and on O week join as many things as you can, that way you won’t be left out and will make enough friends and meet enough people – then just crash at their halls, lol.

But seriously, just be active at O Week joining anything you will enjoy.

bobohappy

HSC
ok hey everyone, i got offered citigate there, so see you all there

so ap. some of us will have to twin share....hmmmm....really hoping my roomate is clean...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)