No Language Minors? (1 Viewer)

Kickass_Dude

HSC
N/A
I'm choosing my uni preferences for next year but I've wanted to do computer science at UNSW for the last 3 years, and everything I've read has emphasized how flexible the degree is and all the minors you can do, among them Japanese. See here and here. I've been super excited to combine my love of computers with learning a language, preferably Korean or Japanese. But reading the Japanese specialization page here , Computer Science is not listed as an available program, nor is it for Korean, French etc. Other minors such as finance are available, so it's not like they left out all the minors.

Is this just a careless mistake in the handbook or is it false advertising from UNSW Computing? I understand that the courses are available as free electives anyway, but I thought it would be really cool having a language minor on my transcript (for a more official recognition of language skills for employment etc.)

I'm thinking this might have something to do with the newish B Science (International)?

HSC
N/A
UNSW under went a comprehensive "Program Simplification" in 2012, and all of our Program Outlines had to be updated. As a result, every single degree and double degree had to be re-submitted for formal approval, so you may find some web pages haven't been 100% updated yet. If you find any double degrees involving UNSW COMPUTING that haven't been submitted yet, please let us know! (We recently just updated Renewable Energy and Computer Science).

But yes, as Shadowdude noted, we have Japanese as a minor at http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2013/3978.html Other minors are possible too, so please contact us if you want to do one that isn't listed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)