No Maths! No Science for yr 11 2009! (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lolman12567 said:
nope in the 2010 HSC exams the Syllabus will be same aswell as the exam structure (no MC etc.), but there may be 10 mins reading time added.

so this years Yr10 will go by the current maths syllabi till they finish year 12
Well, no, you are not entirely right.

They are taking out Circle Geometry out of the MX1 syllabus apparently and putting something in. And I am not sure if they add 10 minutes though - but I do remember reading a newspaper article about that. Whether they will implement that plan or not, I am not entirely sure.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
axlenatore said:
Science may be pointless to their desired career but it doesnt stop it from been so freaking awesome. Anyone who doesnt do science should be removed from the gene pool. Anyway you are not in a position to comment on the truth expressed in my previously statement.
Take any part of your post where you provided any objective view. Your post is highly subjective and your view is not obviously right all the time. Some people like Mathematics & Science and some people don't. Depending on individuals' opinions, they can say whether it is freaking awesome or not.

In my opinion, it is not that awesome as you make it out to be but I respect your view that you like Science. If others don't like it and don't view it as "freaking awesome", you should respect theirs too. You have failed to persuade others why Science is "freaking awesome" if you keep speaking from your own perspective that is highly limited to YOU.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
lyounamu said:
Take any part of your post where you provided any objective view. Your post is highly subjective and your view is not obviously right all the time. Some people like Mathematics & Science and some people don't. Depending on individuals' opinions, they can say whether it is freaking awesome or not.

In my opinion, it is not that awesome as you make it out to be but I respect your view that you like Science. If others don't like it and don't view it as "freaking awesome", you should respect theirs too. You have failed to persuade others why Science is "freaking awesome" if you keep speaking from your own perspective that is highly limited to YOU.
I was never trying to persuade anyone that science is a fantastic subject, i was just stating my opinion on how science is such a rad subject, it could be better, but in comparision to the other crap offered at my school, science is the way to go. Anyway back to the original post, i cant see school without maths and science, if you arent doing english maths and science then to me it feels like you arent really at school, as i feel theses are core subjects which have the most use to life in comparision to the other choices (generally speaking not referring to careers)

celtic

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
lyounamu said:
If you don't like them now, how can you grow to like them?

Besides, bridging courses take up your extra time.
Thankfully Namu I don't want to do any uni courses which need them, even as recommended knowledge.

lolman12567

HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, no, you are not entirely right.

They are taking out Circle Geometry out of the MX1 syllabus apparently and putting something in. And I am not sure if they add 10 minutes though - but I do remember reading a newspaper article about that. Whether they will implement that plan or not, I am not entirely sure.
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/exam-proposals/mathematics.pdf
im pretty sure year 10 won't be affected by the changes to circle geo and stuff aswell, its this years Yr9 that will be

its says on the link that new syllabuses will be in for the 2011 HSC exams not 2010.

rolror88

HSC
N/A

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

lolman12567

HSC
i had originally thought it was going to affect me and i was pretty sad cause I hate multiple choice and i dont want an even more 'dumbed down' syllabus.

but then i read that its for the 2011 exams it made me pretty happy :D

Schoey93

HSC
hm, pumped for not doing maths next year in year 11 2010, but I am definitely going to do Senior Science - not only is it a vegie subject, I actually find the course content quite interesting, want to be a veterinarian, CBF to do biology or chemistry and so I am taking the easy way out by doing Science (General), as USYD only has assumed knowledge subjects of mathematics, chemistry and physics for B VSc, and they do not actually check anyways. I will be undertaking all necessary further study, alone. By. myself. not. in a bridging course. classroom setting. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)