• Early Bird

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Sane and prefers to study during daylight

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I've heard of these methods being used, but I'm not sure about how effective these actually are... does anyone actually do this? and if so how long does it take before you get used it?

Oh in case no one knew what I meant... Nocturnal people are people that stays up really late every night to study, and early birds are people that wake real early to study.

crimson_delight

HSC
I know a lot of my friends are nocturnals, and though they're normally tired, it's not like they perform abysmally. However, some people (like me) need really good sleep in order to perform adequately in an exam, so during exam week I'm in bed by nine, up at 6:15. This is mainly to avoid rushing in the mornings - rather, I'd spend time eating a good breakfast and then on the bus I'd listen to Baroque and go through my notes. I think early birds however, study more efficiently, as getting up early in the morning and feeling refreshed is pretty useful prior to exams. But for most people, I think at 5AM they're just too tired and groggy to even think about school, especially during adolescent years, as it's been proven that our brain stimulates the most information and has higher concentration levels at around 10PM. So I think that's why there are more nocturnals around. :)

I don't know how effective either are, and nor do I know how long it'll take to get into the rhythm of it; it depends on the individual. Maybe a little under a month or so, if you wake up every morning at 5AM, or go to sleep late at night. IDK, I think being an early bird is far more beneficial and effective, but that's just my perception.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Lol i can't do either (need my sleep :p)

But early bird definitedly for studying. Late at night isn't too effective after a hard day of work. The only advantage is that you have unlimited hours of studying (until you sleep). However, in the morning your mind is fresh so you can retain info much easily. Also less friends distracting you. So yeh, the early bird catches the worm.

Though i admire (and envy) anyone who has the motivation to get up early in the morning.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Nocturnals! Go Nocturnals!
Why am I not surprised? Anymore Nocturnals besides Spiral? XD

I know a lot of my friends are nocturnals, and though they're normally tired, it's not like they perform abysmally. However, some people (like me) need really good sleep in order to perform adequately in an exam, so during exam week I'm in bed by nine, up at 6:15. This is mainly to avoid rushing in the mornings - rather, I'd spend time eating a good breakfast and then on the bus I'd listen to Baroque and go through my notes. I think early birds however, study more efficiently, as getting up early in the morning and feeling refreshed is pretty useful prior to exams. But for most people, I think at 5AM they're just too tired and groggy to even think about school, especially during adolescent years, as it's been proven that our brain stimulates the most information and has higher concentration levels at around 10PM. So I think that's why there are more nocturnals around. :)

I don't know how effective either are, and nor do I know how long it'll take to get into the rhythm of it; it depends on the individual. Maybe a little under a month or so, if you wake up every morning at 5AM, or go to sleep late at night. IDK, I think being an early bird is far more beneficial and effective, but that's just my perception.
Thank you for your detailed analysis. I do agree that some people who wake up really early feels groggy and hard to concentrate... *cough* me *cough* I was just thinking if it's worth it to be insane enough to try being one, seeing how I'm obviously not working during normal daylight hours :/

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Lol i can't do either (need my sleep :p)

But early bird definitedly for studying. Late at night isn't too effective after a hard day of work. The only advantage is that you have unlimited hours of studying (until you sleep). However, in the morning your mind is fresh so you can retain info much easily. Also less friends distracting you. So yeh, the early bird catches the worm.

Though i admire (and envy) anyone who has the motivation to get up early in the morning.
*sigh* I need A LOT of sleep. But I'm really easily distracted during daytime... I can eliminate myself from friends but... butterflies.. sunshine.. *sigh* you get what I mean...

I tried getting up early once. It worked ok until my brother threatened me that I will slowly kill my brain cells if I continue to do it :(

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
*sigh* I need A LOT of sleep. But I'm really easily distracted during daytime... I can eliminate myself from friends but... butterflies.. sunshine.. *sigh* you get what I mean...

I tried getting up early once. It worked ok until my brother threatened me that I will slowly kill my brain cells if I continue to do it :(
Lol yeh i know. Why waste a good day studying?

Haha what a mean brother. And i hate the person who invented the snooze button (i just keep pressing it until i REALLY need to get up).

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Haha what a mean brother. And i hate the person who invented the snooze button (i just keep pressing it until i REALLY need to get up).
Prehaps you should try to be nocturnal.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I'm afraid i might turn into a vampire or werewolf (oh god, at least not like the ones in twilight). Don't worry, you'll be the first one i'll hunt down :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I'm afraid i might turn into a vampire or werewolf (oh god, at least not like the ones in twilight). Don't worry, you'll be the first one i'll hunt down :p
You have appeared to have found my weakness. Prehaps I should eat you first. You had the chance to hunt me down during the holidays.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
You have appeared to have found my weakness. Prehaps I should eat you first. You had the chance to hunt me down during the holidays.
What is this weakness? Kryptonite?

Haha i'll just spruike you at the next free Alpha Omega seminar. (that may be a while)

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Maybe you should try having a schedule.
Never works, I don't stick to it. My life changes without notice.

He's not mean, just trying to conserve my already minimal amount of brain cells lol. I agree. That's why I set my snooze to 2 mins so I'll be annoyed enough to get up :p

Prehaps you should try to be nocturnal.
Hm... I dunno... My parents apparently thinks night time is for sleep XD

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
There's nothing wrong being a vamp or were. Apart from the fact that you have an occasional urge to bite people every now and then..

Spiral... weakness? Oh no! What is this world coming to?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
What is this weakness? Kryptonite?

Haha i'll just spruike you at the next free Alpha Omega seminar. (that may be a while)
I won't be there! I am not easily spotted.

There's nothing wrong being a vamp or were. Apart from the fact that you have an occasional urge to bite people every now and then..

Study before sleep.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Never works, I don't stick to it. My life changes without notice.

He's not mean, just trying to conserve my already minimal amount of brain cells lol. I agree. That's why I set my snooze to 2 mins so I'll be annoyed enough to get up :p

Hm... I dunno... My parents apparently thinks night time is for sleep XD
Haha. Good idea. But tbh i was literally going insane during my exam period (when i used my alarm to wake up at like 4). Whenever i was in a quite place, i'd always pretend to hear my alarm going off :L

Bored_of_HSC

HSC

Don't worry i'm a friendly vampire/werewolf. Wouldn't hurt anyone.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Haha. Good idea. But tbh i was literally going insane during my exam period (when i used my alarm to wake up at like 4). Whenever i was in a quite place, i'd always pretend to hear my alarm going off :L
Eck! That would be an insane amount of ringing... I almost feel sorry for you XD Good thing for my goldfish memory..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)