Non Award (1 Viewer)

buddys

HSC
hi guys,

i have a question i was hoping someone could help out with... i know to transfer from non award to a BA, u need a GPA of 2.0, but do u need to PASS ALL units aswell? can u still transfer with GPA of 2/2.5 but having failed 1 out of the 4 units?

thanks in advance,
bud

X

xeuyrawp

buddys said:
hi guys,

i have a question i was hoping someone could help out with... i know to transfer from non award to a BA, u need a GPA of 2.0, but do u need to PASS ALL units aswell? can u still transfer with GPA of 2/2.5 but having failed 1 out of the 4 units?

thanks in advance,
bud
Have a look here, but the answer is: it depends. If you get lower than a PC in any of your non-award units, the university reserves the right to kick you out. However, I have heard that a few people got through without passing all of their units.

I think it's more of a 'you need to check' thing, they might kick you out, they might not. We don't know your specific circumstance, so it is necessary for you to check.

Last edited by a moderator:

buddys

HSC
thanks PwarYuex

i thought id ask here before speaking to the coe

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes you can fail one, and Distinction another.

My friend got through with a PC and P P Cr.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
My friend got through with a PC and P P Cr.
But a PC, whilst affecting your GPA, is not a fail. If you fail, they could kick you out.

nixy_00

HSC
ok, while i am sooo lost about this non awards thing

i put my application in and everything but i havent heard anything back, i got accepted to southern cross arts but my parentals dont want me to go so they r paying for me to do this thing, does anyone actually know if they've got in yet?

Cos ill be screwwweeed if i dont!

Spanks guys

Niki

x x x

buddys

HSC
Hey nixy,

i got my acceptance letter and all that bout a week ago.

you should ring the centre open education up and see whats happened.

i think fees are due 24/2/06 and you can put your timetable together on 13/2/06

nixy_00

HSC
thanks sooo much i rung up and they posted it out yesterday

i have pushy parents who are making me do 4 subjects in first semester but the lady was like totally disagreeing with mum over the fone. i got fuked on wih my uai i did decent subjects and got average or just below in them so my uai went down down down and mums like abusing the lady.

anyways enough of my pointless life, how many subjects are people doing and what subjects are u doing!!?

im doing the introductory to english, australian media, lingustics something or other and the other one i put in for isnt till next semester!

Nik
xxx

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I see, well to do 4 units in a semester isnt hard due to the subjects, but more so on the workload. As long as you can manage the workload, you should be fine, and im sure there are people who could help you here or at uni who have done some of those subjects.

Good luck :)

nixy_00

HSC
what do u mean workload?

its 12 hours a week face to face

plus study and shit should work out to be what 25ish hours a week, thats not that much.

or am i missing something

ps does anyone play waterpolo cos i want a team for uni games! cos the 2 girls who i play with in club hav just finished there...noooo

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
For most non awarders it becomes a bit of an issue, since the shock of suddenly having to do so much study/work isnt in their system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)