Non-math orientated Com, hopefully not an oxymoron (1 Viewer)

HSC
What uni (in NSW) would be good for a commerce degree considering I am not exactly maths orientated? I’ll do it, just as long as im not constantly inundated with it. BTW I am planning to do BCom (liberal studies - doing psyc) – only offered in UNSW & USYD (as far as I know of). If that helps...but I am flexiable, cheers

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
everything but finance, actuary and econometrics pretty much i think (correct me if im wrong).

HSC
I heard psyc had a fair bit too? I plan on doing HR. What about Sydney? I heard it has its fair share of maths modules/units.

Last edited:

turtleface

HSC
Yeah theres like no maths beyond adding pretty much. Maybe an occasional divide lol

I think Accountings probably the best major if you actually suck at maths

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Accounting and Economics have very basic maths and algebraic equations..

... what's hard will be QMA where you need to use your algebra, calculus, diff/integration, and then learn new ways to do those, matrices, sequence and series, etc... and there's no Table of Integrals! But on the upside, (at least thus far), there's no sin/cos/tan!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
blackfriday said:
do you know how to subtract, add, multiply, divide and take square roots?
Square roots?

Can't wait till we get up to that!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'm not maths minded, and in usyd the main problems you will encounter (in terms of core units) is with ECMT1010 (and now finc, which i cant comment on). I didn't take maths for the hsc at all, yet got a credit. It's not that difficult as long as you stay alert.

Marketing is the best non-maths major :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)