Non-smokers: Would you date a smoker? (1 Viewer)

OS

Banned
HSC
Would you? Nothing personal against smokers (NO OFFENCE INTENDED), but would you as a non-smoker find their cancer stick addiction an issue? e.g. being a passive smoker so often, kissing and nicotine breath! Just wondering about this?? I don't think I could... Detest the filthy habit.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
Would you not go out with someone because they bite their nails, pull their hair out, crack their knuckles etc. Now these habits by no means entail the same consequences as smoking. However, they, like smoking, can be tolerated at one's own expense. If you love/like someone enough, you will put up with their habit at your OWN expense simply because you love them. Smoking is often the result of just ONE mistake - would you refuse to go out with someone - not matter how much you have in common, just because they made a mistake which had consequences that could effect you aswell?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i don't think i could handle the smoke smell of their breath/clothes/car/room

tempco

HSC
pft, so the non-smoker has to compromise, and the smoker doesn't?

how bout asking the smoker to quit if they are so in love?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
If they only had the odd smoke at a party/club/whenever (a 'social smoker'), I could probably handle it. If they smoked all the time as a matter of habit though, definately not.

HSC
I am with someone who smokes...and now and then it does bother me..kissin them after they smoke is just discusting, but i tolerate it, cos i wanna be with him, i dunt expect him to quit for me, cos it wuldnt be easy, and he was smokin for along time before he met me...but if ur willing to be with that person and u alreadu kno they smoke then i dunt see why they shuld have to give up..its like terms of conditions in the relationship...if u drank alcohol, and u liked to drink alcohol...wuld u give it up, just cos they asked u to?
I dunt smoke and neva have...but at the end of the day all u can say is, each to their own.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Never. Doesn't matter how hot the chick is.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Ive been with a few smokers.
i dont mind it.

what Tulipa said, only i dont LOVE the taste of a guy after hes had a smoke, it just doesnt phase me.

bubble_tea

doesn't really matter that much, the guy i used to like smoked..

tho i've never kissed a guy who smoked so i wouldn't know what that would be like

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
its lik bumping into an ash tray.. apparently..i havent tried but i dun mind trying..
but then i still smoke on and off ..

bubble_tea

call me weird, but i find the smell of a guy (wearing cologne) after having a smoke quite attractive.

tempco

HSC
i find the descriptions in the past few posts revolting.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
nekkid said:
pft, so the non-smoker has to compromise, and the smoker doesn't?

how bout asking the smoker to quit if they are so in love?
Have you ever smoked? It's a lot easier to tolerate someone smoking than it is to quit smoking.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Depends, but unless she is otherwise perfect, probably not.

tempco

HSC
i've never been addicted, no.

i'm saying that compromise is the key. your post implied that the non-smoker would be the only one who had to sacrifice some comforts.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I couldnt, purely because I have dodgy lungs and passive smoking makes me cough for hours/really irritates my throat and lungs so the answer is no, and not because I didnt try either. I did once and it really didnt work out, purely because I couldnt be around him while he was smoking/recently after.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
withoutaface said:
Depends, but unless she is otherwise perfect, probably not.
how could someone be perfect if they have that little respect for the body theyve been given?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)