North Sydney Boys High (1 Viewer)

InVinsanity

HSC
Im in yr 10, and i going to try out for the NSBHS anytips whats in it and what to study, and is the english hard what do you have to do?

InVinsanity

HSC
Nah, since ive got a new english teacher I havent been getting the 18s and 17 i used to and plus if i gave my assignment to my old teacher, then i would still maintain those 18s. Anywayz i do debating im good at english

ForbiddenND

HSC
first off dude dont try to finish the maths test because you wont.... secondly the english is almost always a past sc paper question so try to study up on that... and thirdly dont worry if you dont make it cause like 100 ppl try out....

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Selective is not much different to Public lol :). I guess you just have to do well in your report and stuff to go to North Sydney Boys High

ForbiddenND

HSC
o yeah they always chuck in a few logs and stuff but i dont think half the ppl get its and always finish the multiple choice off first cause they are the easiest and where most ppl get marks.

angel_belle2004

HSC
I personally and strongly support you through this, I am trying out for Sydney girls and St. George this year. My methods of studying is

- Leaving novel (I'm sorry if its offending anyone who likes them) and start reading factual stuff (Stephen Hawkings etc.)

- Start doing extra work, then what your school gives you, I mean you never know what the teaching in NSBHS would expect of you its better to know everything than to be stuck on something that you could've learnt or the harder version (Take trigometric identies for example)

- English, is also hard for me, being asian and learning 4 languages is hard however people say reading novels can overcome the barriers. Though why read novels if you can't understand what you can benefit from them, regardless it still ends up that i have to carry a dictionary and a novel together.

- Quotes, poems, history and theories can be incorporated in essays, I tried out for Hurlstone but failed one of the essay questions was a quote from Thomas Edison.

To all the best~!

- Belle

nadimb

HSC
Dont worry about the test. I'm doing it as well (although im doing the one to get accepted into year 10). On the website it tells you that its just a writing and a maths test. I would just revise everything you were ever taught on maths (glad ur aloud calculators) and practise writing some stories. Im getting some past ELLA writing stimulis from my school as well.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Good luck man, just ace all your tests and get a good report, cos I think that has a lot to do with acceptance. Also make sure you apply early, I went to apply for Caringbah, but my application was way too late, and I didn't get in. FAIL...

Amogh

HSC
N/A
zomg its tommorow
im all freaking out now
lol
anyway gl to you and me XDD

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I'm pretty sure NSBHS mainly focuses on your maths.. My friend made it in (genius at maths - 100 for SC) but he was sort of a dropkick in english.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure NSBHS mainly focuses on your maths.. My friend made it in (genius at maths - 100 for SC) but he was sort of a dropkick in english.
ye i guess its evident from their school report
hopeless in english by selective standards and compared to maths, imo
maths majority got band 6 in SC, not so in the english one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)