North Sydney Boys or Hurlstone? HELPPPPP (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
How early is it? fml
IDK but I'm assuming you'll need to leave home at 6.30 if you have early morning classes before first period 1 (and I'm assuming you'll need to get to school by 7.30)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I hope this doesn't affect my results
IF you're worried about sleep then I'd suggest you somehow manage your sleep schedule -->what time are you going to sleep every night? Maybe you need to change that to an earlier time since you'll need to go to school earlier. You could sleep on the train or study/do homework and use the computer for assignments/making notes (I'm assuming you're going to bring a laptop to school to do assignments and such)

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
I hope this doesn't affect my results
I used to travel from somewhere v far away in Western Sydney to NSG for 4+ years and the travel time was around 90 mins - I coped with the travel by studying/reading/catching up on sleep on the train.

GL though also waking up earlier might make you feel more refreshed to start the school day instead of being half asleep !!!!
also lots of NSBs live really far away so....
you'll live

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I used to travel from somewhere v far away in Western Sydney to NSG for 4+ years and the travel time was around 90 mins - I coped with the travel by studying/reading/catching up on sleep on the train.

GL though also waking up earlier might make you feel more refreshed to start the school day instead of being half asleep !!!!
also lots of NSBs live really far away so....
you'll live
Did you have to use your phone/computer much for assignments at times?

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
Did you have to use your phone/computer much for assignments at times?
I used my phone when I was standing up (google docs op) but I used my laptop when there were seats (there usually were bc nsyd station has plenty of empty seats on the way back home) for like writing essays/reports and making notes and stuff. It was useful since my school is really reliant on laptop use soooo (((:):::: I did as much as I could on the train

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I used my phone when I was standing up (google docs op) but I used my laptop when there were seats (there usually were bc nsyd station has plenty of empty seats on the way back home) for like writing essays/reports and making notes and stuff. It was useful since my school is really reliant on laptop use soooo (((:):::: I did as much as I could on the train
lol you used your time wisely

Was it difficult concentrating on the train?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You can study on train, and also when you go to uni, you probably have to travel that far, so it doesn't hurt to practice early:)
I would recommend you to choose North Sydney Boys

UMasta

HSC
Completely objective standpoint:
Go to NSB Hurlstone is shit and getting worse plus you're forced Ag for HSC so you'll get a shitter atar

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You can study on train, and also when you go to uni, you probably have to travel that far, so it doesn't hurt to practice early:)
I would recommend you to choose North Sydney Boys
Yeah, something worth doing. Only problem is what if the train is crowded?
Completely objective standpoint:
Go to NSB Hurlstone is shit and getting worse plus you're forced Ag for HSC so you'll get a shitter atar
I thought Ag was compulsory in year 11 and you could drop it in year 12. But how can u say Hurlstone's shit? They rank in the 20s and they beat Fort Street. That's like saying Fort Street is shit but IMO it's not that shit

UMasta

HSC
I thought Ag was compulsory in year 11 and you could drop it in year 12. But how can u say Hurlstone's shit? They rank in the 20s and they beat Fort Street. That's like saying Fort Street is shit but IMO it's not that shit
Yes the school is immensely shit you have no idea. And fort street academically is not a good school you should go top 10 schools esp if you're trying for a 95+ atar course. It all depends on your standards, if you want 90 atar fort street is good but anything above that stick to top 10 unless you want to be held back by the school
Ag is compulsory for HSC. And it scales worse than Bio and all the teachers are the rejects from Ruse so they're really really bad.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
lol you used your time wisely

Was it difficult concentrating on the train?
The ends of the train have quiet carriages.

Yes the school is immensely shit you have no idea. And fort street academically is not a good school you should go top 10 schools esp if you're trying for a 95+ atar course. It all depends on your standards, if you want 90 atar fort street is good but anything above that stick to top 10 unless you want to be held back by the school
Ag is compulsory for HSC. And it scales worse than Bio and all the teachers are the rejects from Ruse so they're really really bad.
Isn't that a stereotype? That you can only get higher ATARs in high rank schools? I'm confident that people in low ranked schools with 99+ ATAR still beat over half of selective kids anyway.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Isn't that a stereotype? That you can only get higher ATARs in high rank schools? I'm confident that people in low ranked schools with 99+ ATAR still beat over half of selective kids anyway.
^This

You can't make the blind assumption that people who don't go to highly ranked schools get low ATARS when people from 100+ schools get 99+ ATARs

There's someone on this forum who state ranked physics (3rd) and came from a 200+ school (and got 99.90 ATAR)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)