Not a great start to HSC Mathematics.... (1 Viewer)

yolo123

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, got my 2U marks back from our first assessment task but.... they weren't that great..... (68%)...... don't know what happened and I'm really stressing out! What are my hopes for an 80% average (if I can pull up my game)? And how will this affect (overall) my internal marks? The average for the cohort is pretty low at just 50%.... however that's excluding extension students...Really stressed out! Help!
P.s. this assessment task was worth 15%

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
80% is just 12% from 68%.

Considering this assessment was worth only 15% there's still heaps of time to get 80. Heck, even a 90 is achievable.

iStudent

HSC
I just calculated that you would need to average around 82% for the remaining of your assessments to score 80% average. It's very possible (and achievable). But yea you'd need to pull up your game.

yolo123

HSC
N/A
Yeah thanks guys... definitely pulling up my game. I expected at least 80 actually.... so disappointed

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, got my 2U marks back from our first assessment task but.... they weren't that great..... (68%)...... don't know what happened and I'm really stressing out! What are my hopes for an 80% average (if I can pull up my game)? And how will this affect (overall) my internal marks? The average for the cohort is pretty low at just 50%.... however that's excluding extension students...Really stressed out! Help!
P.s. this assessment task was worth 15%
1. 80% average is definitely still achievable. You have 85% of the total internal MARKS left.

2. The task will no doubt affect your internal RANK and thus, your assessment mark that is 50% of your HSC mark. Why? Because falling behind now makes it harder to catch up with or overtake those ahead of you if those people don't slip up themselves later down the track - that's the reality. That being said, don't worry about those ahead of you too much. Just do better the next time and you'll most likely improve your internal rank for 2U.

I had a similar case for MX1.

First 10% assessment, I got like 69%. Rank was like just outside top 50 out of just over 100ish kids (definitely under-performed cause I was like 5th in MX1 for Year 11).

Next 2 assessments, I got like high 80s and low 90s.

Then in trials, I got 67/70. Ended up in the top 25 internally in the end (it was seemingly impossible to crack into the top 10 or 15 because of my first assessment and my cohort was very competitive in mathematics. So clearly, a poor first assessment, regardless of the weighting, does impact your potential internal rank but it doesn't mean you can't improve on it at least).

Also, ended up with a 94 HSC mark for MX1.

Basically, you should be fine :)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Its not over yet. I did terrible in most of my Year 12 assessments for maths, then did reasonably well in the trial...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)