Not making cut-off for first preference (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
If you don't make the cut-off for your first preference but have made the cutoff for your second, does the second preference become your first? I''ve heard this somewhere but I'm not sure if its true

D94

HSC
N/A
Yes, but there's a reason. UAC will go through each of your preferences until you get an offer, or you don't. Each preference is as competitive as a higher or lower preference. So UAC may be on your 5th preference and they may be on the 1st preference for someone else, but both students are as competitive as each, i.e. putting a course/degree 1st is not prioritised over putting it 5th.

Roy216

HSC
so would the person who pput it as first get the course over the person who put it in 5th place? or are you saying in a way that putting it as 1 or 5 wont make a difference?

D94

HSC
N/A
so would the person who pput it as first get the course over the person who put it in 5th place? or are you saying in a way that putting it as 1 or 5 wont make a difference?
1 or 5 won't make a difference, both are equally competitive.

abcd223

HSC
N/A
you got to take into account the rounds as well.

dakotah

HSC
i know there are different dates, but what? does that mean that if you don't get jan you have a better chance of getting feb?
People could decline offers they receive in the early round/main round which would allow room for those who did not get an offer during those rounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)