Notetaker (1 Viewer)

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
I want to purchase a notetaker for uni , just to record lectures, but im totally clueless with these things ...

i know theres normal tapes, mirco tapes, digital... anything else?

what are the difference between them?

which should i get?

im not too fussed with the price , just nothing too expensive!

ta. :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
mmm well tape is tape...like the old days of audio cassettes. These are relatively cheaper now. Digital recording might be included with MP3 players, but be weary of those since they're primary purpose is not to record they might be substandard for recording. Microtape recorders can range from $50-$150.

doe

HSC
N/A
your best bet is a dictaphone or a microtape recorder (same diff?), i have seen both used with success.

the microphone in an mp3 player/recorder is designed to record voice (which are generally high frequency sounds) so it should be ok. it is not ok for recording live music, because the mic sucks at pickup up bass (low frequency sounds) but thats not really an issue here.

if you could try out an mp3 player id give that a go. you coudl get a minidisc player with a mic that would give great quality but could be a bit pricier and there are drm issues if you want to tranfer what you record to your pc, it can be done, but its not particularly straight forward.

deano059

HSC
a digital notetaker/dictaphone should be okay if you get a good 1 like sony. theyre about 130-150

ensure you are aware of how to use it correctly to prevent loss of data, and possibly purchase one with a usb input so as you may upload the files onto your computer, and burn them to a cd for safe storage

I trust this information will assist you

equiski

HSC
An advantage of the tape-based dictaphones is that you can have fun with changing the tape speeds to increase/decrease the pitch and speed of your voice. Me and my friends have spend many hours (usually on long trips or when we are bored) making awesome acapella and sometimes beatbox (we suck at that) music using this feature. I own a sony microtape dictaphone and i am very happy with it. Batteries last forever and the micro tapes are very cheap to buy.

Edit: I usually prefer analogue over digital technology when it comes to sound recording.

Last edited:

doe

HSC
N/A
this guy doing my course used to record lectures (i cant remember with what) then listen to them on his commute to & from uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)