NRL State of Origin (1 Viewer)

Sculzyoner

HSC
Ennis has been playing better so he should be there.
The mongrel vs skill debate is rubbish though because at the moment Ennis has Farah for both, his service in Origin 2 was pathetic and is the main reason Wallace played so poor.
We now realise how valuable Bedsy was, playing hooker would easily be the toughest position to play making 40 odd tackles providing strong service isolating tired forwards, targetting weak edge defenders etc Farah is simply not good enough to cover the workload and his kicking and little show-and-go are ineffective at this level
Mate you ovbiously were not watching the Tigers v Souths game... But hey i'll give you the link and you can make up your mind about the "skill level".

Farah is 3x as skillfull as Ennis.

BigPond Video

Lentern

HSC
You can't tell me guys like crocker haven't added something to struggling teams like the south sydney. Mongrel triggers enthusiasm and enthusiasm builds confidence which reflects through play. All these young blokes coming through get shocked by the standards of SOO and the intensity and required passion which many players these days lack.
Crocker is a talented player enthusiasm which yes is a great thing for any side. But starting a stink and the like are not "passion" they are bonheadedness. Compare Crocker to Steve Menzies a few years ago. He was a classy player and he was giving everything he had and more and of course players found that motivating but they didn't need Menzies to shout at a referee, call someone something or start a stink. Take Stacey Jones influence on the kiwis. Shane Webcke in 2006 during the origin period I reckon the whole Broncos side look about 25% better when he was on the field than when he was off. You don't need to be a dickhead to lift your team.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Crocker is a talented player enthusiasm which yes is a great thing for any side. But starting a stink and the like are not "passion" they are bonheadedness. Compare Crocker to Steve Menzies a few years ago. He was a classy player and he was giving everything he had and more and of course players found that motivating but they didn't need Menzies to shout at a referee, call someone something or start a stink. Take Stacey Jones influence on the kiwis. Shane Webcke in 2006 during the origin period I reckon the whole Broncos side look about 25% better when he was on the field than when he was off. You don't need to be a dickhead to lift your team.
mongrel has nothing to do with being a dickhead. Stint's change the pace of the game and put the opposition out of their wining rhythm. When your opposition are as skillful as Qld you certainly need that up your sleeve.

Lentern

HSC
mongrel has nothing to do with being a dickhead. Stint's change the pace of the game and put the opposition out of their wining rhythm. When your opposition are as skillful as Qld you certainly need that up your sleeve.
Wild guess, you think Phil Gould is a good commentator don't you? Probably not as big a fan of Andrew Voss? yes?

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Wild guess, you think Phil Gould is a good commentator don't you? Probably not as big a fan of Andrew Voss? yes?
Actually, they are both two of the best nrl commentators around, largely due to their opposing yet educated views of rugby league.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Gould is shit. Voss, Warren and Sterlo are good.

Pretty harsh dropping Robbie Farrah after one origin game imo. His been the best NSW hooker since Danny Buderus left. He also seems to be in good form from thrashing the Rabbitohs.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
not really.

2 origin games
and buderus only left last season
and since then, ennis has been better and more consistent.

Mozza91

HSC
Mate you ovbiously were not watching the Tigers v Souths game... But hey i'll give you the link and you can make up your mind about the "skill level".

Farah is 3x as skillfull as Ennis.

BigPond Video
Playing well against a rubbish team in an unimportant match is a little different to Origin and Farah was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny.
Benny Elias is a retard for thinking this nuffy should have been picked ahead of Bedsy

Lentern

HSC
Playing well against a rubbish team in an unimportant match is a little different to Origin and Farah was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny.
Benny Elias is a retard for thinking this nuffy should have been picked ahead of Bedsy
There was absolutely no discussion of Farah having failed in the wake of origin I. Whilst his debut did not grab the same press glorification as Adam Mogg's a few years earlier he was in no areas considered to have been a problem. Any such talk of his origin 1 performance being substandard has been apocryphal narrative written after origin II whereby he played well below his usual standard.

The idea that origin II was just too intense for Farah doesn't stack up. Queensland played nothing like a vintage performance worthy of the widest praise and against in form Melbourne, Manly and Brisbane sides in recent years Farah would have played well against greater opposition.

Sculzyoner

HSC
"Playing well against a rubbish team in an unimportant match is a little different to Origin and Farah was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny. Benny Elias is a retard for thinking this nuffy should have been picked ahead of Bedsy"- Boofhead.....

Farah at the time was in much better form than "Bedsy" and the only reason he didn't get dropped because he was the captain... "Bedsy" is an honest toiler, tough player and workhorse, but will never provide the attacking potency that Farah provides (In SOO or club level)

Last edited:

Sculzyoner

HSC
"Bedsy".... You must be a novacastrian... Like those people that think that Andrew Johns was the best ever...

Sculzyoner

HSC

You're the same bloke that picked Wallace as the half for NSW. Was he out of his depth? Would you drop him?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
man nsw should of taken chris sandow devo :mad1:
Fair enough, on his better days he is one of the better halfbacks in the league in attack (with a creative kicking game), but he's got alot to learn in defence. He's missed more than 100 tackles this season so far (i think he's the leader in this category).

Wait a sec, on that note, i thought sandow is a Queenslander? I remember hearing something about him playing in the Queensland cup. Wasn't he about to be signed on with the gold coast titans before they took scott prince?

Mozza91

HSC
You're the same bloke that picked Wallace as the half for NSW. Was he out of his depth? Would you drop him?
He deserved to be picked on his early season form
He was out of his depth in the 1st game but the pathetic service provided from Farah in the 2nd game aswell as broken ribs he had it was hard to judge him.
I didn't want Kimmorley but there is not much else to choose from.
As for Sandow is that a joke he is the worst half in the competition, which is saying something considering John Morris, Marc Herbert and Jeff Robson are playing in the NRL

Last edited:

Sculzyoner

HSC
He deserved to be picked on his early season form
He was out of his depth in the 1st game but the pathetic service provided from Farah in the 2nd game aswell as broken ribs he had it was hard to judge him.
I didn't want Kimmorley but there is not much else to choose from.
As for Sandow is that a joke he is the worst half in the competition, which is saying something considering John Morris, Marc Herbert and Jeff Robson are playing in the NRL
I'm not abusing Sandow. he is a good half. Just needs the Souths fowards to start imposing themselves and probably needs Wing at 6 to take the pressure off him.

I'm a Tigers fan and John Morris is garbage...

Lentern

HSC
I'm a Tigers fan and John Morris is garbage...
That doesn't mean that much. Tigers fans(perhaps not you personally) since 2005 have insisted that Marshall is infallible and perhaps their only hope etc despite showing a perchance for mistake riddled games and a major lack of consistancy.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Could have picked Soward. Then again, his tackling woes are an issue.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Could have picked Soward. Then again, his tackling woes are an issue.
It'll get better i reckon but yeah not quite ready for origin yet imo. Give him some finals footy experience with the dragons, let him play some more rep footy with city/country next year and if he's got the goods, give him a go in 2010.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)