NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Hahaha, yeah i noticed. The only team that is going to do that is obviously the Roosters! ;) Well they almost did it against Manly!
Did you get your sig made from someone at NRL Rant?

ledzeppelin

HSC
Re: Gatman

I reckon Melbourne will surprise a lot of people this year.
Orford leaving isn't going to be a big loss, if you listen to regular Melbourne supporters.
Their outside backs are dynamite.
They might not make the 8, but they wont be far off it.

On the Roosters, I give Finch until round 6 to be replaced by Soward.
In fact, it might almost be beneficial if he royally f*cks up and costs us a couple of early season games so Stuart finally gets rid of the f*ckwit.

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Did you get your sig made from someone at NRL Rant?
Nah, from nrlleague.com The site's down at the moment though. :(
Bookie said:
trials dont count honey
So u really think that the sharks can do that??

Last edited:

Jiga

Originally Posted by Bookie
trials dont count honey

So u really think that the sharks can do that??
Do what the roosters did to Manly. Ah yes, quite easily. For half the match it was Roosters 1st grade vs Manly Premier League, in our match despite alot of the forwards missing in the Dogs team we were up against a formidable backline, and even then it was only our constant large amount of changes of players (ie Kimmorley, Ross, Thompson etc being interchanged) that unsettled us and let them narrow the gap. There were some very positive signs for the sharks in that game, particularly in relation to our attack and in relation to our major new signings (They performed as expected or BETTER). Defensively we were ordinary but like I said, when you unsettle a side by taking off key players who in a regular game would not be substituted thats always going to happen.

I reckon Melbourne will surprise a lot of people this year.
Orford leaving isn't going to be a big loss, if you listen to regular Melbourne supporters.
Their outside backs are dynamite.
They might not make the 8, but they wont be far off it.
Well if they nearly make the 8 then thats not a suprise, because people to expect that. I doubt very much though that they will make the 8, in fact I would bet money that they wont... they were avg in 05 with Orford who virtually carried the side, without him they will struggle, a good half back is the basis of a premiership contending side, no matter how good your backline

Last edited by a moderator:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Why the discussion? Isn't it a given that the Bulldogs are going to win the premiership this year? What is there to discuss?

:p Kidding.

As long as Cronulla don't win/never win a premiership I'll be content. :D

Jiga

Well the sharks got slaughtered 2nite 22-4 by the knights :shy:

HOWEVER, the only thing that resembled our actual side out of the backline, forwards, backrow, and halves was the halves combination of Dykes and Kimmorley, and no doubt that didnt remain for long during the game either with one of them being interchanged..... so I wouldnt read into that match to much ppl

smb69

HSC
Bulldogs got beat by the warriors unfourtunatley 24-20 after leading 20-6 at halftime! the new kid for the doggies Davui scored a double though he is looking promising.

Manly 42- Tigers 18

Eels 24 - Panthers 26

raiders 82- jim beam cup team 6

Broncos 10- storm 58

Cowboys 42- Rabbits 0

Incase anyone was wondering they were the scores!:rofl:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
they were avg in 05 with Orford who virtually carried the side, without him they will struggle, a good half back is the basis of a premiership contending side, no matter how good your backline
well there goes sharks hopes

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Bookie said:
Broncos = pWn3d/
we were missing 9 starting players so it wasnt much of a surprise, still disappointing score line but what can ya do?

aussiebogan

HSC
N/A
Hello Bookie,
I believe that your comments, "Broncos = pWn3d/" are not in the true aussie spirit of the game. Please do not use such un-aussie like langauge in teh future, as this is a great land.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
fornstar said:
we were missing 9 starting players so it wasnt much of a surprise, still disappointing score line but what can ya do?
SMH said it was eleven, in fact.

Rabbits were the team who got owned.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
aussiebogan said:
Hello Bookie,
I believe that your comments, "Broncos = pWn3d/" are not in the true aussie spirit of the game. Please do not use such un-aussie like langauge in teh future, as this is a great land.
well said.

Jiga

well there goes sharks hopes
Hahaha Coming from a Broncos supporter Hahahaha

Whos your half back for 06, still Seymour :wave:

BTW, the anti-shark commentator Simon Daley has predicted the sharks will finish 14th this year...... he is kidding himself!

Last edited by a moderator:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
SMH said it was eleven, in fact.
yeah i heard it was 11 also, but when i was on the broncos site it said 9 so i thought i would take their word

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Hahaha Coming from a Broncos supporter Hahahaha

Whos your half back for 06, still Seymour :wave:
and your point is???

hunt might play halfback if seymour is injured, he did it in the trial against cowboys and scored twice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)