NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Boo_ said:
intelligent discussion: who do u think will get 5/8th for nsw game 3??? barrett or anasta???
i dont rekon any of them should get the 5/8 for nsw, i reckon preston cambell should coz he is the most underrated player in the game like ben hornby. anasta is ok but way to overrated n same as barrett, he plays like 4 or 5 games then get injured, n when he returns form injury n plays one pretty good game, he is the 5'8 for NSW.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Boo_ said:
yeah, but shouldnt it be Ae^(kt)???
Spot on, Boo. Spot on.

MeehShanku said:
i dont rekon any of them should get the 5/8 for nsw, i reckon preston cambell should coz he is the most underrated player in the game like ben hornby. anasta is ok but way to overrated n same as barrett, he plays like 4 or 5 games then get injured, n when he returns form injury n plays one pretty good game, he is the 5'8 for NSW.
Haha oh man, I'd love to see Campbell in an Origin jersey...

If I was a Queensland supporter, that is.

The guy would get absolutely steamrolled in defence. Why else do you think Nathan Blacklock was never chosen to play for NSW? He was the best attacking winger in the game bar NONE, but his defence wasn't good enough for SOO level.

I think Anasta will be the five-eighth. Even though playing Barrett gives more attacking options, he won't have played a game before Origin.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Spot on, Boo. Spot on.

Haha oh man, I'd love to see Campbell in an Origin jersey...

If I was a Queensland supporter, that is.

The guy would get absolutely steamrolled in defence. Why else do you think Nathan Blacklock was never chosen to play for NSW? He was the best attacking winger in the game bar NONE, but his defence wasn't good enough for SOO level.

I think Anasta will be the five-eighth. Even though playing Barrett gives more attacking options, he won't have played a game before Origin.
yeah, thatz true, even though it was said that he will be considered, he wouldn't be match fit, though id love to see a barrett/john combination

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
:D :D ME TOO!! AHHH I almost forgot what it felt like when they won. YAY!!!!!
fuk!!!!! Cant believed they won. Full credit to them seriously. If u guys didnt have Mini, man we would have won. i reckon riddel cost the eels that game, dont get me wrong i reckon his a good playa, but in the 65-80 mins, he kept kickin it on the fifth instead of passin it to timmy smith. anyways it was a tough game.

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
jhakka said:
First half was depressing. Way too many mistakes.
i wouldnt say depressin, it was rather excitin due to the mistakes n it was a pretty wet surface they were playin.

*mel*

kimi said:
Yeh, well u kind of expect mistakes to happen when its like, full raining.
yeah but did you see the stats... sometime in the first half it showed the mistackle count. Eels - 4, Roosters - 21. That was pretty depressing.

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
yeah but did you see the stats... sometime in the first half it showed the mistackle count. Eels - 4, Roosters - 21. That was pretty depressing.
yea it was depressin for the roosters supporters, but they grind down the eels. so it had to be excitin for u guys coz u came off wif a good, tough win.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Boo_ said:
so who do u guys think will be 5/8th for nsw in game 3???
Braith Anasta. I think Ricky will have a say just coz he's angry they voted him most overrated again. But then again, if Barett has some blinders...you don't usually mess with a winning team though. Eh, who cares? Either way NSW has a good chance.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Braith Anasta for mine. Baz won't have played a game, because we have the bye next week.

On last night's game --- if Ryan Cross doesn't get at least suspended for 8 weeks for his eye-gouging, I'll lose the last bit of faith I have in the judiciary.

In reality, he should get ages and ages off. In 1985, a St George player by the name of Steve Linnane got 15 months suspension for eye gouging Greg Alexander. Thing is, he was innocent. It was another Dragons player who did it, but back in those days, video evidence was not allowed to be submitted to the judiciary, and Alexander testified against Linnane.

I think Morrison should testify against Cross, and from that precedent set back in 85, Cross should also get a 15 month suspension.

But it won't happen, because the Roosters run the bloody NRL.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
We do NOT run the bloody nrl. :chainsaw:

http://roosters.com.au/latestnews.php?ArticleID=1300 <----- Article on Ryan Cross. It sounds like he could get away with it...because the eye-gouging incident was unintentional i guess, but it was pretty evil though.

Oh and on the Roosters website, theres a poll on 'who do u think is goin to win the nrl 2005 grand final?' Preety stupid considering it IS on a roosters website. i did vote roosters of course :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)