kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Jago said:
it wasn't even a real eye gouge either.

lasted 0.00004 of a second in realtime.

But since i'm a parra fanboy, woohoo!!!1111
yeh the fact that they kept playing it in slow motion all the time, made it look like he had his hand there for like more than 10 secs.

Boo_

HSC
kimi said:
yeh the fact that they kept playing it in slow motion all the time, made it look like he had his hand there for like more than 10 secs.
so, he still eye gouged, therefore suspension, and if roosters didnt own the damn judicary, he would of gotton a longer suspension, 6 weeks is nothing

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
He got 6 weeks because of his good behaviour record, not because "roosters own the judiciary". If we owned the judiciary, he and Morley would be playing.

davo_

good kid
HSC
I'm not going to make a statement on whether Roosters own the judiciary, but he should have gotten longer than 6 weeks despite his good record. To eye gouge someone you actually have to think about doing it; it's not a careless tackle or etc. but you make a concious decision to do it. (Someone might reply saying "but it was in the heat of the battle"... but how many other players do you hear of doing it?)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Fletcher stripped of captaincy, fined

4 July 2005

Bryan Fletcher was today stripped of the South Sydney captaincy and fined $10,000 for a racial slur against Parramatta's Dean Widders.

Fletcher, who made the remark to Widders during yesterday's match between the Eels and Souths, was also suspended from his club's match this weekend and ordered to assist Widders in his work with the Aboriginal community.

Of the $10,000 fine, $5000 will be suspended and the rest paid to an Aboriginal charity of Widders' choosing.

A contrite Fletcher apologised for the racial taunt at a media conference in Redfern today.

"I apologise unreservedly for comments I made to Dean Widders in yesterday's game," Fletcher said.

"The comments were totally unacceptable and for that I am sorry.

"My actions have set a very poor example for kids who follow rugby league and these type of comments cannot be tolerated in our game.

"It is not in my character to make these type of comments and I admit I made a huge mistake. What was said was in the heat of the battle however it is inexcusable and I fully accept the consequences of my actions."

Fletcher said he'd been friends with Widders for about 10 years and spoke to the Eels' forward last night to issue a personal apology.

Rabbitohs' chief executive Shane Richardson said Fletcher's actions were totally unacceptable.

"They certainly are out of character and he is showing great remorse for his comments," Richardson said.

"However, a clear message needs to be sent that this type of racial taunt is unacceptable."

Fletcher described the incident as easily the lowest point in his career.

Hmmm...I wonder what he said? Heat of the battle my arse! I HATE when they use that excuse!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm that punishment is bare minimum to teach him and everyone else a lesson. I remember Justin Harrison being suspended for 3 weeks and fined $20k and he had to do some anti dsicriminationc ourse.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
he deserves what he got, that talk should be allowed anywhere, just because its a GAME its no need for racial slurs.

the irony in this is that it was aborigonal apperciation day at parra stadium on sunday.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
darren lehmann said exactly the same thing about the sri lankans and he copped six matches right?

Boo_

HSC
not to sure bout leeman, but im glad australia made it over 200 runs in their innings, go lee and hussey

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
brad, take that evil thing off ur signature.

And dragons to lose tommorow: really hoping parra will win. I frekin hate dragons. And of course, roosters will win this weekend. No doubt about that...GO ROOSTERS.

Boo_

HSC
saints will win, and the rorters logo is staying, and dragons rock, and no team is ever guaranteed a win...take the penrith vs knights game, panthers said they were going to win and they didnt!!!

lol, ne1 going 2nite to the game???

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
hey i was just checkin the TAB n the penrith vs manly game the panthers are favour to win at $1.53 n manly $2.35. Also the with the marigin bettin, if manly were to win by 13 or more then it would recieve $5.50 for every $1. To me i rekon those are fanastic odds for manly n im pretty sure manly would beat the panthers by more than 13 or more. Your thoughts?????

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
shortygb said:
he deserves what he got, that talk should be allowed anywhere, just because its a GAME its no need for racial slurs.

the irony in this is that it was aborigonal apperciation day at parra stadium on sunday.
i thought it was a bit of a joke with how they made such a big deal about it

its not like he said it at the press conference, it was during the game, & that shit happens

political correctness gone mad!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
40 - 14

PARRA!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)