NSW Government: "scientists are nazis" (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Keep in mind this is the government that already abolished the Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water, and is abolishing Marine protection zones...

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/upper-hou...on-scientists-20110601-1fgq0.html?from=smh_sb

THE state government's whip in the upper house, Peter Phelps, has been accused of likening scientists to Nazis in a speech to Parliament.
In an address attacking global warming, Dr Phelps said it should not be forgotten that ''some of the strongest supporters of totalitarian regimes in the last century have been scientists''.
''We should not be so surprised that the contemporary science debate has become so debased,'' Dr Phelps, pictured, said. ''At the heart of many scientists - but not all scientists - lies the heart of a totalitarian planner.''

He once compared the former army officer and federal Labor MP Mike Kelly to the guards at a concentration camp. Dr Phelps was chief-of-staff to the then special minister of state Gary Nairn in 2007 when he accused Mr Kelly of using the Nuremberg defence, like the guards at the Belsen concentration camp.
Speaking in Parliament on Monday, Dr Phelps quoted an unidentified writer whom he described as ''speaking about the rise of Nazism'' and its similarity to ''scientists agitating for a scientific organisation of society''.
Dr Phelps then went on to say: ''One can see them now, beavering away, alone, unknown, in their laboratories.
''Now, through the great global warming swindle, they can influence policy, they can set agendas, they can reach into everyone's lives; they can, like Lenin, proclaim what must be done.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/upper-hou...-scientists-20110601-1fgq0.html#ixzz1O5jEwY7t

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
hahaha

really though DECCW was disbanded?

i did not know this and i work with those faggets a fair bit

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
hahaha

really though DECCW was disbanded?

i did not know this and i work with those faggets a fair bit
it's not really disbanded, it's just been downgraded to the "office of environment and heritage" within the "Department of Premier and Cabinet"

I was just practicing my news limited style reporting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)