NSW Speed limiters in cars (1 Viewer)

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
quik said:
Government needs to pull its head out and realise that better driver education and training (compulsory and subsidised) is the way to increase safety on roads, not this bandaid solution bullshit.
Because telling the average Australia bogan asshole not to tailgate and speed like a fuckwit on a 60km/h road during peak hour is really gonna work.

Fuck off you douchewad.

quik.

HSC
Because telling the average Australia bogan asshole not to tailgate and speed like a fuckwit on a 60km/h road during peak hour is really gonna work.

Fuck off you douchewad.
Yeah mandatory training at the early stages of their driving career that teaches people the limits of their abilities and that of a given vehicle is the same as giving someone a limp wristed scolding. Way to go, man.

pman

Banned
HSC
Is it going to be on motor bikes as well becouse you won't sell new bikes for many years to come as the whole point of a bike is to go round corners to fast

quik.

HSC
As mentioned in the OP, at present it cannot be implemented on motorcycles as it is dangerous. Cutting acceleration mid corner = crash, for the most part.

Taking away acceleration from a motorcycle is also inherently risky, as many occasions call for them to speed up to move out of the way of another vehicle that decides it wants to occupy that particular part of the road instead.

I'm sure there will be an applicable system for 2 wheeled vehicles in the future if this goes ahead, though.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
daily telegraph told me this

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Gah. Stupid.

There's no speed limits on private property.

HSC
Who the fuck is the government to tell me how fucking fast I can drive in my own car? Seriously, go fuck everyone who supports this fucking act.

matttayl

matskiez'
HSC
so im guessing that if this gets passed then all cars produced after the date the devices are implemented, they will come factory fitted. Hypothetically, does that mean that we could buy an older car and it would not be restricted? if this was the case im guess the sales of new cars would drop...

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Who the fuck is the government to tell me how fucking fast I can drive in my own car? Seriously, go fuck everyone who supports this fucking act.
do you currently campaign against speed limits

matttayl

matskiez'
HSC
damn straight !! realistically why do they care ? we provide funding through speeding fines....retards

pman

Banned
HSC
actually, charge people to speed, that way taxes can be lower and those that want to speed (and get caught) can pay my share

HSC
do you currently campaign against speed limits
No.

The speed signs should only be used as a fucking guide.

Who the fuck is the police/government to make the judgement I MIGHT cause an accident on the road, and consequently fine me.

That’s utterly fucking preposterous.

edit: I lost my licence for 6 months, and that’s why im angry. thanks

Last edited:

pman

Banned
HSC
i believe that freeways ans out of city, dual carraigeways should be derestricted like they do in europe

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It is not a giant leap, and if the above is introduced then tracking is probably the next step, if only for theft/police work. Irrelevant at this point in time though, totally correct.
If the above is introduced, chips in our brains to monitor our thoughts is probably the next step.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
No.

The speed signs should only be used as a fucking guide.

Who the fuck is the police/government to make the judgement I MIGHT cause an accident on the road, and consequently fine me.

That’s utterly fucking preposterous.

edit: I lost my licence for 6 months, and that’s why im angry. thinks
gonna have to cite state of nature up in this shit with some social contract too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)