Nuclear North Korea (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

berghousemaa

HSC
Technically speaking,the war isn't over. Only a ceasefire was called and no lasting peace was ever formulated.

Comrade nathan

HSC
an attachment to the strategies of the past could mean that the situation spirals out of control with Pyongyang itself the ultimate victim.
HAHAH. How many times have they said this and hoped for this. Keep hoping you imperial basterds.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
This whole situation (with the terrorists, nth korea etc) is extremley similar to the events that occurred in the lead up to 1939. Appeasement. One simple word which adequately expresses the way in which we sit helplessly whilst both the terrorists and Nth Koreans gain strength and plan their next venture. It resoundingly communicates the submissive way the world leaders are simply attempting to yield a peaceful result which in reality is idealist.

No coersive action is being taken to either, not againtst, Saudi Arabia(or Iran for that matter) nor against Nth Korea. They are the submerged leaders of this whole 'war' as such. Once you remove their influence form the whole situation and you effectively remove a large part of the threat that exists.

Nonethless, our world is scrutinised so heavily by politically correct and politically weak factions that in 50 years time, people such as myself will simply say "I told you so..." It is now past the stage of inevitability....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Korea and all other countries have the right to protect themselves.....especially with the way the US is carrying on.....either everyone has weapons or no one has weapons...

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Well thats just it, its unknown. There could be collusion between the Terrorists and Nth Korea who share such a hatred of the US and western democracies, and the then subsequent planning of another long awaited terrorist strike.... Use your imagination....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
frog12986 said:
Well thats just it, its unknown. There could be collusion between the Terrorists and Nth Korea who share such a hatred of the US and western democracies, and the then subsequent planning of another long awaited terrorist strike.... Use your imagination....
"imagination".........u want a country to dismantle its weapons program because of something they havent dont yet...we are all aware of the atrocities the american governement have commited, so they should lead by example and be the first to give up their weapons....then maybe other counties will follow....but until then.....they should mind their own buisness.....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
frog12986 said:
Nth Korea who share such a hatred of the US and western democracies
If North Korea has such hatred towards western democracies, how come we have trade ties with them???

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
This whole attitude that the US is the war mongering nation the media portrays it to be is absurd. If anything, we as those who treasure the democracy should be more than grateful of the ways in which the US has acted as 'peacekeeper' as such. WWI and WWII were both won by the west due to the US's rejection of traditional isolationist policy. Without these pivotal roles playe by the US I can guarantee you tat we as Australians would not treasure the country we do today...

The moment the US dismantles any form of weapon system, it provides the oppostion with a free shot at the US then at the world... use a bit of commonsense and gratitude people. Its this politically correct notion that the US is some 'hun' that really annoys many. How about we enter the autocratic worlds of the Nth Koreans and Middle East where inviolable rights and freedoms are non-existant and and recgonition of an individuals needs and wants are at the behest of one leader... The reason we are able to accept individuality, free choice and freedom of expression is because of the US's efforts in the past....Wake up, Saddamn, Kim Il Jong etc are not world saviours and I can guarantee you they are definately not producing weapons without cause for use...

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Cape, its called open economic communism.... They are fully aware of the extreme benefits of and open economy, and the failed efforts of closed economies in the past effectively highlights that point. however this does not mean that they are in anyway doing it to strenghten ties, they are merely adopting it for their own economic gain... A weapons program such as theirs would not be feasable under a closed economic system, and the USSR's collapse again highlights this point..

Last edited:

alien

HSC
well they need ties to progress commercially, industrially etc, whether they hate western society or not
EDIT: to cape

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
I think the whole thing over this is so stupid. I mean the uS has a massive stockpile of them, yet no one else is alllowed any? what makes it ok for them to have them and not the rest of us?
The real question IMO is not, whether they have them, but whether they are going to USE them. One does not always lead to the other.

Riewe

HSC
I seriously ain't all that worried about this situation, because it has yet to be verified whether or not their claims are true. We all know that NK like to antagonise the world like this, and make itself seem powerful, but they usually just are blowing steam. Until it is verified, i will not worry much about them.

But then again, short of wiping NK off the eart, they will eventually get nuclear weapons. But the question that needs to be asked is that will these nukes have intercontinental capabilities? If they do happen to have these, then it will be a pretty dangerous world, but it seems now, if true, they just have bombs without much ranged capability.

migsy2202

HSC
Ladybec said

"whether they have them, but whether they are going to USE them. One does not always lead to the other. "
Today 11:45 AM

Ladybec... would you buy a car just to leave it in the driveway... i think not...

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
migsy2202 said:
Ladybec said

"whether they have them, but whether they are going to USE them. One does not always lead to the other. "
Today 11:45 AM

Ladybec... would you buy a car just to leave it in the driveway... i think not...
it's not quite the same thing though is it dear? My car isn't very likely to bow up a small country now is it?
Besides, it's been proven that just because you have a weapon doesn't mean you'll use it. Yes, there is always the tempetation, but using your own argument, does that mean that we should be afraid that the US will use theirs?

Riewe

HSC
One problem with this situation is that we know that the US are 'sensible' with their nukes, as they won't use casually, as we all know the destruction and such it cause. But with rogue states like NK and Iran, they seem to think that nukes are just like other weapons, which can be used at any time. The reason why there wasn't a nuclear war during the cold war was that both USSR and US were both smart enough to realise the consequences of such actions, but nowadays, it seems like the new kids on the block don't share this same thinking

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
Riewe said:
One problem with this situation is that we know that the US are 'sensible' with their nukes, as they won't use casually, as we all know the destruction and such it cause. But with rogue states like NK and Iran, they seem to think that nukes are just like other weapons, which can be used at any time. The reason why there wasn't a nuclear war during the cold war was that both USSR and US were both smart enough to realise the consequences of such actions, but nowadays, it seems like the new kids on the block don't share this same thinking
and we know this how exactly? pardon me if I missed the bit where one of the "new kids on the block" as you put it used their nuclear weapons casually.
Besides my point is what gives us, and other weatern nations the right to decide who can and who can't have nuclear weaponary.

Riewe

HSC
LadyBec said:
and we know this how exactly? pardon me if I missed the bit where one of the "new kids on the block" as you put it used their nuclear weapons casually.
Besides my point is what gives us, and other weatern nations the right to decide who can and who can't have nuclear weaponary.
I know this because of their rhetoric that they are using, making it seem that nuclear strikes are the answer to their problems, and i have yet to hear the US talk about nuclear strikes. Because of their casualness of their talk has led me to believe that they are more than willing to use nuclear without full knowledge of its ramifications.

And as for your point, the right to decide comes from who can we trust to have nuclear weaponary. And i trust that the US with their nukes, because i know they won't use them unless as an absolute last resort [eg, WWII] and quite simply, i just don't trust 'terrorist' countries like Iran and NK with nukes. Two reasons here. 1 because they seem to think of it as just another weapon. And 2, terrorists are more likely to get a nuke from these countries than it is to get one from US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)