Number of students in each course? (1 Viewer)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
depends on the course, ranges from thousands to 10 or 20

zeek

HSC
Bookie, the number of applicants accepted into the USyd courses can be found in the ungraduate booklets for each faculty. I have the science one if you need a specific course.

blond_e

HSC
joesmith1975 said:
I think an interview must be undertake for a BA course
Um no. It's not B. Creative Arts. The UAI is 80 and there is no interview needed.. you're just studying 4 subjects - not performing etc.

It would've said something in the UAC book btw... and BArts have never had an interview??????

HSC
N/A
Yep. B. Arts is different to B. Fine Arts. Fine arts is at college of fine arts and requires an interview and a portfolio (I think). B.Arts you need a UAI of around 83 USYD.

HSC
N/A
Also, I'd say yearly intake of undgrad B.Arts students at USYD would be a few thousand. It's pretty popular...including combined degrees.

murick

HSC
blond_e said:
Um no. It's not B. Creative Arts. The UAI is 80 and there is no interview needed.. you're just studying 4 subjects - not performing etc.

It would've said something in the UAC book btw... and BArts have never had an interview??????
whats that anyway?

blond_e

HSC
RobbyWilliams05 said:
which course would you people prefer:

B arts and sciences @ Usyd, majoring in psychology (uai 75).
or B arts (psychology) @ uws (uai 70). :)
Personally I'd do BA (psychology) only because science is my weakness

HSC
N/A
Blond e, either way psychology is a science, you can't escape that.
Having said that, I personally don't think you need to be great at science in high school to do psychology at uni. But it would probably help.

HSC
N/A
Becoming a psychologist takes a long time and a lot of effort, in my opinion.

Your best chance would be a B. Psychology (e.g. USYD) or B. Arts/B. Psychology (new course USYD). The UAI for these courses are very high, 98ish? You do 4 years undergraduate. If you're doing B.Psych you need to maintain a distinction average because you have to do honours. Then theres another process after you graduate before you can practice.

But if you had to choose between B. Arts and B. Arts/B. Science, definately go for B.art/b.science. As far as I know you cannot meet the undergraduate requirements through B. Arts to go on to become a psychologist...You can major in it but you need to also major in an arts subject (because psychology is a science), which doesn't leave much room for psych.

I'm not too sure about all this myself. You should look into it, go to usyd's website and look up the B. Psych course.

phrred

HSC
RobbyWilliams05 said:
but which course would probably give me a better chance in becoming a psychologist?

B arts and sciences @ Usyd, or B arts @ UWS?
sorry to bug you 05ers :)
personally id choose BA at UNSW coz its got a better psych dept than both of those unis and the BA cutoff is pretty low (75 i think). Out of those 2 id say do BA (Pysch) UWS coz theres heaps of crap (like legal studies) u hafta do in B arts and sciences, ud b better off doin straight BA or BA/BSc anywhere

Remember it takes 6 yrs or so to become a psychologist, and u hafta do honours which is highly competitive to get into (high Cr or D average to get into the honours yr at USYD n UNSW)

Im assuming u mean the B Arts and sciences course at USYD not BA/BSc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)