Nursing Students (1 Viewer)

Why are you doing nursing?

• I am passionate about nursing and can't wait to start!

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I don't know if i really want to do it. I'm just doing it.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I am using it to get into a related course.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I'm using to get into a non-related course.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not doing nursing. Just reading this thread.

Votes: 26 72.2%

• Total voters

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Hi everyone that is doing nursing in 2005 and those already studying it! I don't know about you all but I am really happy I am doing nursing. I can't wait to start! I decided on this career 3 yrs ago and I still feel passionate about doing it. Anyways...

Where are you doing nursing?
How do you feel about it?
What nursing career do you have in mind?

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
I'm doing nursing at Hawkesbury.
I love nursing and can't wait to start!
After doing bachelor of nursing, I want to do a midwifery course and a Graduate Diploma in Nursing (Child and Family: Karitane)

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
i dont know why i wanted to do it...i did it as part of my hsc thro tafe and loved everything about it...its strange - most ppl i know doing nursing have mums or auntys or sisters that are nurses - im the first....
it should be a good challenge...

FiShY cLaSs oF 2oo4
B Nursing - UNE

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Nursing isn't my thing (I'm an allied health girl), but I just wanna say congrats for picking it, nurses have such a crap job, we need them, yet they are so underappreciated.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
well i thought about nursing but when my mum stayed in hospital for 15 days i saw the way nurses worked....poor ppl were overworked, underpaid and verbally abused by bet-weting half dying old men........so yeh...i kind of reconsidered.....but goodluck, its great that ur doing what u love :)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I can't wait to start! I'm combining my degree with Early Childhood Education, with I'm so bloody happy about! I love both sides of my degree and can't wait to start. Mines 4 years though, and I want a Graduate Diploma in Midwifery too ;)

I decided on Nursing in Year 12, took a year off inbetween, and now I'm more than ready to start ;)

Truth be told, I am considering Graduate Medicine, but a fair bit into the future for me to be making decisions just yet ;)

I'm a CSU Bathurst (bet ya couldn't tell, aye?)

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
White Rabbit said:
I can't wait to start! I'm combining my degree with Early Childhood Education, with I'm so bloody happy about! I love both sides of my degree and can't wait to start. Mines 4 years though, and I want a Graduate Diploma in Midwifery too ;)

I decided on Nursing in Year 12, took a year off inbetween, and now I'm more than ready to start ;)

Truth be told, I am considering Graduate Medicine, but a fair bit into the future for me to be making decisions just yet ;)

I'm a CSU Bathurst (bet ya couldn't tell, aye?)
I was tossing up between Early Childhood (2nd pref) and Nursing. And I was possibly considering medicine down the track too. (when they have it at UWS in a few years!) I'm unsure whether I'll go that far but a more realistic goal for me at hte moment is to work in a baby health centre once I've graduated.

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Nursing isn't my thing (I'm an allied health girl), but I just wanna say congrats for picking it, nurses have such a crap job, we need them, yet they are so underappreciated.
Thanks for the encouragement! :) To me nursing is a rewarding job though.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yep, know what ya mean, I was tossing up between the two and came across the course at CSU and jumped for it!

LOL, I'm hoping for Med at Wollongong or Western Sydney too!

If that doesn't happen (which is highly likley) I'm hoping to be an RN/Midwife in the bush, and one day, work for the Royal Flying Doctors, in which case, I'll need to be both anyway ;)

But I reckon if we both put our minds to it, we can both make Grad Med! Heres to that, aye ;)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Yep, know what ya mean, I was tossing up between the two and came across the course at CSU and jumped for it!

LOL, I'm hoping for Med at Wollongong or Western Sydney too!

If that doesn't happen (which is highly likley) I'm hoping to be an RN/Midwife in the bush, and one day, work for the Royal Flying Doctors, in which case, I'll need to be both anyway ;)

But I reckon if we both put our minds to it, we can both make Grad Med! Heres to that, aye ;)
congrats on your career decision. Plenty of nurses do grad/undergrad med after they've worked a few years in the profession. So the interview for you guys will be a breeze :p

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC

I'll be doing nursing at Monash. Part of why I want to do nursing stems from a) spending a lot of time in hosp and b) having a close family friend who is a nurse.
At the moment I have my heart set on respiratory nursing/ward. ;)

Bet you're all looking forwards to the clinical placements this year? I can't wait. :D

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'm pretty generic in regards to my field. I'm more interested in Emergency Nursing (especially for the Royal Flying Doctors) but I'm also very interested in Intensive Care Midwifery, or even paediatrics. I'm a little over the place. I do want to work in the UK before I settle down anywhere for a few years - mainly Scotland - and then, when I come back, I'll decide ;) maybe then I'll work in the bush for a few years and then apply for grad medicine, we'll see I guess :D

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
bluesky100 said:

I'll be doing nursing at Monash. Part of why I want to do nursing stems from a) spending a lot of time in hosp and b) having a close family friend who is a nurse.
At the moment I have my heart set on respiratory nursing/ward. ;)

Bet you're all looking forwards to the clinical placements this year? I can't wait. :D
My mum works in the respiratory ward at Nepean hospital and she has been for about 6 years. She finds it interesting. Anyway congrats on picking nursing! :)

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
natstar said:
Congrats to u's doimg nursing. You must have a real passion for it, which is definetly needed to succeed in the career. Good luck and congrats
Thanks for that, Natstar!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)