O Week 2007 (1 Viewer)

winglyelf

HSC
Not sure whether this topic has been brought up yet.

So excited about going to ANU for the first time:rofl: stepping foot into uni is another brand new journey...which again has its ups and downs. but first of all its the O week!!! Anyone knows what will be on for O week? very curious to know...:)

Last edited:

timmyh

HSC
There is another thread for ursies O week , which also has a bit of general info...
But hell yes u should be excited, especially about O week.
1st things 1st... if ur living on campus, u should have a absolutely kick ass, best time of ur life O week (if ur going to johns, multiply the fun level by 10). If however ur not living on campus, u should still have fun, there is just not as much stuff to do (going on what i observed last year)... i think the ANU student assosciation or whatever organised a bar crawl... but apart from that im really not sure what else went on... If ur in college, they have pretty full programs so u wont be doin much with non on-campus ppl, and u'll mainly be assosciating with ppl from ur own hall/college. So with that in mind, i will attempt remember what went on in the drunken haze of O week last year from the perspective on a johns 1st year....
Sunday: arrive, start unpacking, introduction to the college etc... go to Belconnen waterpark that night
Monday: setting up room etc, meet ppl, talks with the RA, corridor dinner that night, kick on to Moose
Tuesday: Hawaiian bar crawl to the beer garden, holy grail, moose, icbm and many other places
Wednesday: Toga night with Burgmann (got rained out), drink at the Tav (johns bar), foam party at one of the clubs (still in togas)
Thursday: Big concert thing for all of ANU with Paul Mac, movie night
Friday: Fantasy Island (oh yeh, i loved that day)
Saturday: Out the Back Day
There was many, many things happening also which i really cant remember/want to forget lol. Im sure the 07 program will change a bit from last year, and all the halls/colleges have different programs but i hope that gave u a bit of a look at what should be one of the greatest weeks of ur life!

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
There are also intros to the different schools and faculties. Not quite as fun, but plenty of good information for people new to the uni

Kyroth***

HSC
Apparantly the Wednesday Market Day is really good. :) Also when the non-first years arrive (mostly, anyway).

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
market day should be renamed 'give out free condoms day'.

just be careful what you sign up for... things that i paid up for and never attended... choir, debating, ski team... etc

and yes, we'll all be returning on wednesday. parrrrrrrrrty!

Evilo

HSC
after you accept ur offer online, a few days later they send u some information pack (anu that is, not the college/hall). It contains a guide to the week with everything u need to know.

Can someone please confirm that the tickets to the parties etc during the week are sold on the mon and cant be bought before then? (i was told at *another* uni they buy them already and some things are sold out!)

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
i think they sell a certain amount of tickets to each of the colleges, so you can buy them from your colleges when you arrive (often at a discounted price). but i think you can also get tickets from the anu student assoc. don't think you can buy them early.

eq2

HSC
Here's some info on ANU o-week from the Academy newsletter:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
O WEEK 007 AT ACADEMY

It's going to be a massive one, join us for a live outdoor broadcast extravaganza with RawFM at the ANU on Tuesday 13th, then hit it on Tuesday night with the ANU Back to School Party, then the Valentines Day Foam Party on Wednesday, a ridiculously Trashy Trash on Thursday, Dirty South direct from rocking the dancefloors of the world on Friday & another full tilt action packed Love Saturdays to finish up! Stay tuned for all the juice.

Last edited:

timmyh

HSC
FOAM PARTY!!!
there is a God.
yeah, ah, that is so damn good.... i cant wait...
And Dirty South playing on the Friday, that is a damn good get for Academy... if im still standing after fantasy island i wouldnt mind hitting that... prob a hell expensive cover though...

eq2

HSC
timmyh said:
prob a hell expensive cover though...
It's $10 entry ;)

It doesent get any cheaper on Friday and Saturday nights. We are very lucky to get one of Australias premier DJs on the friday night of ANU oweek.

Last edited:

timmyh

HSC
$10 for foam party or dirty south?
actually it prob doesnt matter... id cough up $10 for each of them
cant wait for O week....

eq2

HSC
oops..misquote. Yeah. $10 for Dirty South, straight from the Academy Newsletter.

ArtLife

HSC
jozzie said:
Does anyone know what the B&G o week schedule looks like??:)
It will be up tonight on B&G's student site - address is: http://redbacks.anu.edu.au/index.php

Then click on "downloads".

I'm a new student there, but this has been mentioned on the forum on the Redbacks site.

Might see you there!

laurenjean

HSC
Just checking, but those living in a college are able to enrol on the monday right? i'm sure i read that in the offer pack sent out by ANU. just double checking...

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
last year i think the colleges organised to take their students over and show them how to enrol, and that was a few days later than when local students enroled. i would assume much the same thing will happen again this year.

Evilo

HSC
colleges are on the monday....
I remember reading timmyh say a bunch of them (from the hall) were taken over to enrol last year. Not to worry - everyone is in the same position

Venusian

HSC
laurenjean said:
Just checking, but those living in a college are able to enrol on the monday right? i'm sure i read that in the offer pack sent out by ANU. just double checking...

I'd leave about 20min before the scheduled trip to melville hall (its easy to find) cos it'll be quiet, otherwise there will be a huge que (particularly if youre an arts student)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)