O Week 2013 - Sydney University (1 Viewer)

rosemcc

HSC
That would be great, except I know no one who goes/is going to sydney, except riproot. Ill just go early.
If you have time, order it online and you can pick it up before oweek (I got mine in Wentworth, took literally 1 minute) - too easy.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Look up the website and see if anything catches your eye-I kinda want to see Ball Park Music play on the Friday Night gig at Manning :)
What's the deal; are you taking up residence at the beginning of O-Week?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
What's the deal; are you taking up residence at the beginning of O-Week?
A few days before O week cause there's college orientation stuff.

Ball Park are so great I'll probably be there!
:) So happy they got two songs in the twenties this year, even if the countdown was not great this year :p

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
:) So happy they got two songs in the twenties this year, even if the countdown was not great this year :p
Honestly, it has become a complete joke. I think it's appalling that the first hip-hop song to reach no 1 was a joke because it kinda discredits all those legitimately good hip hop artists out there.

(And I'm still appalled Ifly didn't get in the year I voted for it haha) ((I'm obvs just way too ahead of the game))

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, it has become a complete joke. I think it's appalling that the first hip-hop song to reach no 1 was a joke because it kinda discredits all those legitimately good hip hop artists out there.

(And I'm still appalled Ifly didn't get in the year I voted for it haha) ((I'm obvs just way too ahead of the game))
just get rid of thrift shop and move everything up a spot and it's fine.

Thrift shop isn't ~that~ bad but it shouldn't be number one.
Like 10th or something.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
swap it with tame impala or something i don't like tame impala

#unpopular opinion of the day

#inb4getbackontopic

HSC
Btw can you use credit card/eftpos to pay for Access card?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Btw can you use credit card/eftpos to pay for Access card?
yes, absolutely. You can also buy it online the day before and that will put you in the express queue for your access card :)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Hottest 100 was shite. The only songs I voted for that were on there were the two mumford and sons songs and silhouettes.

Anyway.

I looked at the O-week schedule and there's nothing that really stands out as being amazing to me, but I still feel like I should go.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

I love ifly!!!

Yeah, I was like for no 1, please be anything but Thrift Shop. And Same Love got so high too.

Hottest 100 was shite. The only songs I voted for that were on there were the two mumford and sons songs and silhouettes.

Anyway.

I looked at the O-week schedule and there's nothing that really stands out as being amazing to me, but I still feel like I should go.
I reckon it'll be so much fun, so many people to hang out and random things to look at/get involved in. And there's only one O week as a first year when everything's all new and that, you have to go!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
question: is o-"week" at sydney still three days or did they finally make it a whole week

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
question: is o-"week" at sydney still three days or did they finally make it a whole week
Please stay out of the usyd section if you can't say anything productive.

It's 3 days officially, but the Tuesday is international o-week (with specific events for international students to become oriented with the uni) and the Monday is used by the EU as their Launch Day for the year (they're a Christian group on campus) and college kids to do orientation things.

HSC
Also Tues 26 is Science Transition so lots of first year/senior science kiddies will be there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)