O-Week agenda (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i want to restate the question that kenshin posed. what are good events to join if you want to make new friends?

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
Or if your usually anti-social.....you could get drunk and meet ppl at the various parties held at night at the roundhouse.

Suppose the jumping castle might also be good idea? :p

Hi...*jump*.....my name....*bounce*....is.....*crashes into the wall*

HSC
i want to restate the question that kenshin posed. what are good events to join if you want to make new friends?
Pretty much everything happening offers you a chance to make new friends, but in particular the O-Week eXtreme events and all the night events are worthwhile. Some of the best friends I made during my O-Week were found while waiting alone in the massive line to get into the Roundhouse for the comedy night.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
So at the moment it looks like I'll be manning the Atheist Society stall Monday just after midday and Wednesday afternoon just before stall closing time at 3.30. Come visit me. I'll be the white guy. That should narrow it down.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Or if your usually anti-social.....you could get drunk and meet ppl at the various parties held at night at the roundhouse.

Suppose the jumping castle might also be good idea? :p

Hi...*jump*.....my name....*bounce*....is.....*crashes into the wall*
Even better: Jumping castle at Unibar, minimum 6 drink entry to castle...

dawdlex3

HSC
O-Week is a good chance to be exploring all the different clubs and societies at UNSW.
Aside from that, I didn't really join anything last year. :p

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
O-Week is a good chance to be exploring all the different clubs and societies at UNSW.
Aside from that, I didn't really join anything last year. :p
Join AtheistSoc.
Doet.
All the kewl kids do.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I'm just going in on Monday for my faculties welcome XD
I know where my classes are, but the free stuff is a bonus! hehe

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
*yawn* O-week looks booooooooooooring lol, but ye i guess its a good chance to go round and find out where my lectures actually are gonna be, and find out about tha library lol

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
Even better: Jumping castle at Unibar, minimum 6 drink entry to castle...
What, and and have people throw up all over the place? How many kids can't hold their liquor?

Though....that is an interesting way of getting to know people on a more personal level......covered in their sick. *gross*:uhoh:

ct92

HSC
I think I'll just take my parents to the Monday night talk and a tour afterwards, and do the ASB talk and tour on my own the next day. That gets the information out of the way and if I don't remember my way around after two tours, I never will.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I think I'll just take my parents to the Monday night talk and a tour afterwards, and do the ASB talk and tour on my own the next day. That gets the information out of the way and if I don't remember my way around after two tours, I never will.
Who takes their parents? Man, are you going to have a hard time fitting in.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
But, but... i'm not atheist. :uhoh:
Who cares? There's no test for entry and it's free. There's normally a few religious debates held every year and they're interesting for both sides of the floor. Speaking of which:

[size="+2"]There will be a comedy debate with AtheistSoc, AUJS (Australian Union of Jewish Students) and UNSW Debsoc on the Wednesday of O-Week at 12:30pm in the Physics Theatre. Be there or be gay.[/size]

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
Who takes their parents? Man, are you going to have a hard time fitting in.
Come on, it's the VC's "Official Welcome", who'd in their right mind would wanna go WITHOUT their parents? Besides it's probably the least anticipated event in O-Week imho as well as the "parent tours" being on that time of night, and if there'd be ANY time to take your parents along with you, it'd probably be... then. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)