• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Obama Addresses the Middle East (1 Viewer)

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
SHODAN said:
I know you're a bit thick, Neb, but I think you'll find most Israel supporters don't support Israeli expansion into the West Bank and Gaza. Certainly about 75% of American Jews don't.
Nah just the ones that live in Israel.

You know...the ones that actually matter.

you stupid scumbag Jew

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
"United States does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements"

*orgasms*

suck a circumsized penis BoS Israel Unit!
Not to blunt your orgasm, but he was merely speaking of the extension of Israeli settlements, not the existence of Israel.

you stupid scumbag Jew
Calm down, man. Breathe.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
"Threatening Israel with destruction – or repeating vile stereotypes about Jews – is deeply wrong, and only serves to evoke in the minds of Israelis this most painful of memories while preventing the peace that the people of this region deserve."

and then later

"The United States does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements."

A nice diversity in my opinion.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC

you stupid scumbag Jew
Says the kid who supports terrorism and who claimed that the murder of over 200 people by Islamic terrorists in Mumbai, India was justified but that they should have killed more Jews.

Me, I'm not a Jew or a 'scumbag', but I'd actually prefer to be those than whatever perversion of existence you classify as, Neb.

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Says the kid who supports terrorism and who claimed that the murder of over 200 people by Islamic terrorists in Mumbai, India was justified but that they should have killed more Jews.

Me, I'm not a Jew or a 'scumbag', but I'd actually prefer to be those than whatever perversion of existence you classify as, Neb.
Snap! Burn! Cut down! etc.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Obama's too scared to criticize Israel.

"No single nation should pick and choose which nations hold nuclear weapons. That is why I strongly reaffirmed America's commitment to seek a world in which no nations hold nuclear weapons. And any nation – including Iran – should have the right to access peaceful nuclear power if it complies with its responsibilities under the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty."

What about Israel and it's nuclear weapons and not signing the treaty?

"On the other hand, it is also undeniable that the Palestinian people – Muslims and Christians – have suffered in pursuit of a homeland. For more than sixty years they have endured the pain of dislocation. Many wait in refugee camps in the West Bank, Gaza, and neighboring lands for a life of peace and security that they have never been able to lead. They endure the daily humiliations – large and small – that come with occupation."

I wonder who caused that?

Sprangler

HSC
BBC transcript/analysis: BBC NEWS | Americas | Obama speech: An analysis

It was typical how in the Israel section of the speech, no one applauded at the Holocaust denial part, or the "hamas needs to stop the violence" part, only when he said the settlements need to stop. It needs to go both ways. It was a great speech though.

Obama's too scared to criticize Israel.
He has criticised the illegal settlements, that is a start.

"No single nation should pick and choose which nations hold nuclear weapons. That is why I strongly reaffirmed America's commitment to seek a world in which no nations hold nuclear weapons. And any nation – including Iran – should have the right to access peaceful nuclear power if it complies with its responsibilities under the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty."

What about Israel and it's nuclear weapons and not signing the treaty?
It is a deterrent. They will in time.

"On the other hand, it is also undeniable that the Palestinian people – Muslims and Christians – have suffered in pursuit of a homeland. For more than sixty years they have endured the pain of dislocation. Many wait in refugee camps in the West Bank, Gaza, and neighboring lands for a life of peace and security that they have never been able to lead. They endure the daily humiliations – large and small – that come with occupation."

I wonder who caused that?
Would you rather they had stayed in the war zones and not left?.. In the war started by the Arabs?

Don't turn this into an argument about Israel plz.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

nah actually i didn't say that it was justified broheim. i believe i said that violence has always been accepted as a means to acheive an end. I don't personally like or agree with terrorism, but nor did I like or agree with wars. Trolling aside, I'm a pacifist.

Last edited:

kandyman

HSC
I think Obama is awesome. Heaps better than Rudd. hes a shitcunt ershays adlays bruz

E

Empyrean444

Personally, I get the distinct sense of Deja Vu from Mr. Chamberlain... I mean Obama. In true appeaser fashion, he tried to strike an accord with the bad guys, knowing full well that it can't have a truly significant effect. History tells us that, in situations like this, words alone are never enough. A show of force is required.

So, in response to the opening question to the thread... hesitant condemnation.
And which side are the 'bad guys', whom he has, in his supposed folly, let down his mettle against and 'appeased'? The Israelis or Hamas? In fact, recent history shows us that a demonstration of military force will most likely serve to exacerbate global diplomatic tensions and fan the flames of ire and dudgeon (for example, look at the wonderful US image that Bush managed to sell to the world during his term of office). I think you underestimate the power of diplomacy - a show of force is rather to push the other side to continue to fight until their people are wholly shattered (in national, physical terms, not morale wise).

I think the speech was a good beginning and gesture which needs firm consolidation. He made criticism of Israel, which is good, whilst making sure that he wasn't in complete endorsement of Hamas. This problem can only be solved via a peaceful solution, and the speech at least has set the action in that direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
CORRECT!

But I don't accept violence as a way to go about that goal!
The Jews should just pack up and leave. If Jews were a moral race, that is what they'd do.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
CORRECT!

The Jews should just pack up and leave. If Jews were a moral race, that is what they'd do.
So attack the Jews living outside of Israel, in Australia, on this forum who are doing the 'right' thing?

Savvy.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
So attack the Jews living outside of Israel, in Australia, on this forum who are doing the 'right' thing?

Savvy.
you probably finance the jewish government with your "donations"

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
CORRECT!

Are you trolling when you make anti-semitic posts, or do you hate jews as well as Israel? I get confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)